Thread: slacking bis

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member

slacking bis

So i know for arm growth u need to hit legs which i've been doing.. i have naturaly small legs which sucks but i'm tryin hard, but i've also got smaller bis, my tris are fine but the bis are slackin and it drives me insane! and i don't bullshit bis, i take my time, no swinging i don't over train.. i do a warm up set, str8 bar and hammers and i do them to failure without swinging.. I've been doing research and i've read that working legs increases natural test levels and natural growth hormones? So would switching my bis to the end of my leg workout help me get any size to them? or the day after... help me out guys i seem to be a freak were nothing will help.

Hey!

MASTERDBOL is offline Senior Member
    to be honest with you, i have never heard of putting bi's with legs will do anything. maybe swolecat would know something about that.

anyhow, i have always had good bi development, but have hit sticking points several times in my career. one excercise that i always used to get thru those times were preacher curls. very strict and heavy enough to fail around the 7-8 rep range. and, for me, using an ez curl bar was the best way. my personal routing during these times was as follows, if it matters to you:

alternate dumbell curls 1x15 warmup 3x8-10
    hammer curls 3x8-10
    preacher curls 3x6-9

it is also a very good idea to mix up the routine quite often. your biceps can become accustomed to a workout fast, at which you will hit a plateau more so than other body parts (for me anyway). throw in concentration curls once in a while. one armed preachers, etc. shock them into doing what you want them to do. good luck br0.

yea, i've never heard of legs and bis doing anything... it was just a thought. But thanks for your help u gave some good advice

SAGAD_01 is offline Junior Member
    just my thoughts man...

i solved my bi problem by starting my bi workout with a concentration curl then proceeding with the other excercises...

its like leg extension before squats, or crossover before bench press

decadbal is offline Banned
    i think what he means is, get your legs to grow and your body will to keep in proportion.. which is true. if you have consistantly been not cheating and so on, then id switch to a cambered bar, and cheat a little, go up on wt some and swing just enough to help you.. u will know the diff between cheating completely and just enough to get the lift to maxamize your efforts..

I switched over to doing ez bar preachers compounding wide and narrow grip heavy weight for 2 sets each.. then i do 2 sets of hammers.. 6 sets total, def an improvement i guess i really just needed to switch it up and go heavy

Thread Information