Thread: Neck :)

skibo is offline New Member

Neck :)

Hello, I was curious about me working out my neck. I would love to have a big neck and plus I am joining the navy ,and since I have a "penicl neck" it fulls around with my body fat %. I read it is the quickest muscle to build? Is that true, or just some person rambling on? If so how long is a average to add on a inch or 2?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Neck machines could cause injury, besides there isn't enough weight. Also notice some guys have naturally big necks...

Deadlifts and shrugs is the way to go, and it takes time because the neck muscles are so small.
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-15-2005 at 03:55 AM.

ant_8u is offline Senior Member
    Kurt Angle has a monster of a neck

decadbal is offline Banned
    youll get a big neck from making the rest of u grow. most exercises are actually bad for your neck.. just lift and eat.. what do u need a big neck for in navy... everyone knows your a ***** already, no need to make them think your a ***** with a big neck..LLOL JK..not really...

:P well no b/c the main thing about the bodyfat is your waist and neck, and I have lil love handles And it's so hard to work them off. So I figured I would tryto bump my neck up alil bit.

HULKBOY is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skibo
    :P well no b/c the main thing about the bodyfat is your waist and neck, and I have lil love handles And it's so hard to work them off. So I figured I would tryto bump my neck up alil bit.

so bigger neck=less love handles

(sorry just not understanding what your getting at).

nvm man lol, I guess I will just do some neck exercises and start cutting I guess.

ThePump is offline Member
    nvm man lol, I guess I will just do some neck exercises and start cutting I guess.
    lol... makes complete sense...

diezell is offline Senior Member
    a good exercise is neck extensions. lay on a flat bench, put a towel over the side of youre head,place a plate over the towel and lift the weight while supporting the weight with ure hands, if you look on ast's website www.ast-ss.com it shows how to do them some place in there, that site has alot of really good info on it aswell

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Get big traps, not a big neck.

~SC~

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    good luck on that one and i'm serious good luck

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Hello, I was curious about me working out my neck. I would love to have a big neck and plus I am joining the navy ,and since I have a "penicl neck" it fulls around with my body fat %. I read it is the quickest muscle to build? Is that true, or just some person rambling on? If so how long is a average to add on a inch or 2?
    Heavy shrugs and deadlifts are probably the best for hypertrophying the neck. I like having a strong neck for martial arts so I will also incorporate 4-Way Neck Exercise and bridging. If you want to know how to do these exercises, just let me know.

No I don't, well I could be glad if you could explain. I think my neck is at a 16 if I am not mistaken. I have to measure it again. I goto ast-ss site anyway thanks for the advice.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    With the four-way neck exercise, you get into a headstand position with your back facing a wall. Bring your lower legs down to a ninety degree angle, with your upper legs. With a thick pad under your head, perform lateral neck flexions (side to side) and neck flexions/extensions for as full a ROM as possible. As you get stronger, your ROM will increase.

Raw Dawg is offline Junior Member
    What he is saying is.....he has high bf percentage and the way that the military measures is the size of your neck and waist with other cal's in there. He is wanting boost the neck up so he can keep his love handles......lol not really but you guys get the picture

Corporal_USMC is offline New Member
    Joining the Navy to be a "Shipmate" lol. well good luck with everything and why do you care if you have a big neck in the navy anyway? and they check you out by your height and weight, if you weigh over the amount they have listed for your height you get taped, but I don't remember if they taped your neck bro.

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporal_USMC
    Joining the Navy to be a "Shipmate" lol. well good luck with everything and why do you care if you have a big neck in the navy anyway?
    they like a big neck- it means you can do "kneeling neck bobs" really well

Thread Information