Prol is offline Associate Member

Question Early A.M. workout .....how do i prepare ????

I want to start workingout in the morning like at 6:00 am ........what should a do to prepare i mean like breakfast wise ?? what should i eat or not eat .
    or is a good idea or not ? is my body ready to workout or it would be total waist of time ?

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prol
    I want to start workingout in the morning like at 6:00 am ........what should a do to prepare i mean like breakfast wise ?? what should i eat or not eat .
    or is a good idea or not ? is my body ready to workout or it would be total waist of time ?
    when you wake up you need to eat sumthin cuz u've just let your body go for prolly 6-8 hrs w/ no food. i think a good meal would be some eggs, oats,and a protein shake (dont think it would be wise to stuff yourself b4 a workout). as far as your body being ready i think that depends on the individual. personally i am not a morning person so i go workout at nite. this is all my opinion....someone else feel free to correct/add on to what i said.

thanx......i want to start going in the morning cuase i have a new kid so i want to spend as much time as possible so my girlfriend doesn't hit the roof alone with the kid ....

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Make sure and get a Pro/carb meal in and you'll be good.

should i keep away from sugar ???

should i keep away from sugar ???
    A little sugar Pre Workout wouldn't be that bad.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Make sure and get a Pro/carb meal in and you'll be good.
    Make sure you do this..you will be fine.

Girlyman is offline Associate Member
    Ok so no empty stomach workouts in the morning? I had about 5-10 pounds to lose and I'd like to get that done in the next month or two

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman
    Ok so no empty stomach workouts in the morning? I had about 5-10 pounds to lose and I'd like to get that done in the next month or two
    You'll lose alot of muscle working out on an empty stomach. Cardio, yes, Weights, no.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    thanx......i want to start going in the morning cuase i have a new kid so i want to spend as much time as possible so my girlfriend doesn't hit the roof alone with the kid ....
    aw, how sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    You'll lose alot of muscle working out on an empty stomach. Cardio, yes, Weights, no.
    I meant cardio, does it matter how long or short I do it for? I am willing to go for 2 hours if it will be more benefical

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i would start much lower than that and work your way up. id say start with 45 mins till you stop losing...then up the time.

I meant cardio, does it matter how long or short I do it for? I am willing to go for 2 hours if it will be more benefical
    Always stay at about 45 min. Longer could cause catabolism to become an issue.

ok I got a badass Polar and I started my cardio regimen this morning. I did 5 minute warm- 45 minutes at 85%-5 minute cool (man having a watch is incredibly helpful for keeping you right at the zone) I burned 600 calories. My question is, will this only be good for making my heart bigger or will I dump some fat aswell since its first thing in the morning without food. I'm just trying to get a stronger heart at this point but some fatburn is always a plus. I figure I'll do a Carb meal (granola and almond milk) right after workout, then Greens/tuna/Nuts for lunch, Chicken/Broc/Greens for Dinner and a Rice n chicken for my later dinner. I eat 6000mgs of flax oil everyday and a multivitmain, do you think this will be a good diet for cutting/stregnthing heart?

Thanks for the help

ward065 is offline Member
    yes you should eat. maybe not a whole lot- maybe just a bowl of oatmeal and juice. But you can always eat again if you are still hungry post workout

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    ok I got a badass Polar and I started my cardio regimen this morning. I did 5 minute warm- 45 minutes at 85%-5 minute cool (man having a watch is incredibly helpful for keeping you right at the zone) I burned 600 calories. My question is, will this only be good for making my heart bigger or will I dump some fat aswell since its first thing in the morning without food. I'm just trying to get a stronger heart at this point but some fatburn is always a plus. I figure I'll do a Carb meal (granola and almond milk) right after workout, then Greens/tuna/Nuts for lunch, Chicken/Broc/Greens for Dinner and a Rice n chicken for my later dinner. I eat 6000mgs of flax oil everyday and a multivitmain, do you think this will be a good diet for cutting/stregnthing heart?

Thanks for the help
    Keep your HR at 65-75% max heart rate. 85% is way to high for optimal fat burning, if you are not concerned about that then 85% is ok.

Try having 5g glutamine in a glass of water before cardio as it will help combat catabolism. Its not a magic fix or anything but works well.

Thanks for the tip I'll do a little research on gluteamine

znak is offline Senior Member
    I have been working out at 6AM for the last five years. I hate waking up in the AM, so I get up at 5:30. For breakfast, I have a banana, whole wheat toast (no butter) and some dried fruit and one scoop of protein power with water.

I found that if I had a protein shake and/or a full on breakfast, my stomach couldn't process the food in a half hour and my trowser trumpet was blasting away on deads, squats and abs. Smelly and embarassing.

I have a PWO, then go home, shower, get ready for work and then have breakfast.

You have to get complex carbs into your system preworkout, but careful with protein.

Thread Information