Thread: Cardio

BigPimpin76 is offline Senior Member

Cardio

Is it ok to workout in the morning and do cardio at night.
    Also Will doing cardio at night time help in a cutting or lean body mass cycle help?

help anyone

mitch911 is offline Member
    why would u want to do that ur missing with the am cardio and ul have more energy at nite to do ur weights

Quote Originally Posted by mitch911
    why would u want to do that ur missing with the am cardio and ul have more energy at nite to do ur weights
    Its true, but the only time I have to do cardio is at night cause I play soccer at that time.
    My question is if doing cardio at night is as effective than in the mornin?

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPimpin76
    Its true, but the only time I have to do cardio is at night cause I play soccer at that time.
    My question is if doing cardio at night is as effective than in the mornin?
    Not at fat burning. Soccer is more stop and go, more sprinting involved. Sure it will still work but you wont get the gradual fat burning that AM cardio will give you.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    I am currently eating one meal, then training around 10 a.m. I'll have 2 pwo meals, then one fat/pro meal about 3 p.m., then hit 45 mins. of cardio at 5:30 or 6 p.m. It can still work for cutting fat, yes, just have your intensity correct, don't have a carb meal 4-5 hours before the cardio, and eat properly after as well. Coffee/ECA/Alcar all help to get the fat mobilization going quickly.

I normally do a.m. cardio then lift later, but for my current schedule, I am doing 2 a day sessions of cardio on days off from weights, then one session at night on the days that I do weights in the a.m.

~SC~

GoBIGorGOHomeAZ is offline New Member
    so here is my question??? the 45 mins of cardio... high intensity or low intensity... and depending on which one define high or low.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoBIGorGOHomeAZ
    so here is my question??? the 45 mins of cardio... high intensity or low intensity... and depending on which one define high or low.. thanks
    I would say stick to your heart reate for 30 then work up for 45 mins at 70 percent of your ability

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    I am currently eating one meal, then training around 10 a.m. I'll have 2 pwo meals, then one fat/pro meal about 3 p.m., then hit 45 mins. of cardio at 5:30 or 6 p.m. It can still work for cutting fat, yes, just have your intensity correct, don't have a carb meal 4-5 hours before the cardio, and eat properly after as well. Coffee/ECA/Alcar all help to get the fat mobilization going quickly.

I normally do a.m. cardio then lift later, but for my current schedule, I am doing 2 a day sessions of cardio on days off from weights, then one session at night on the days that I do weights in the a.m.

~SC~
    Thanks Swole, apreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~

So does soccer still fall in the category of fat burn? And can the weights be done in the A.M?
    Last edited by BigPimpin76; 10-18-2005 at 03:27 PM.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    swole just says he does his in the AM...but you need to eat first. do you play soccer every night?

on days i work i get an hour and a half break and use it to go to the gym. i usually lift during this time then do cardio at night when i get off work. by this time i hadn't eaten a pro/carb meal for 4 hours so hopefully my body doesnt have that many carbs to burn. im still seeing fat loss, but it may have slowed down.

if your games arent too long i would say just do 30 mins moderate cardio right after your game. thats what i do on game days...but the games are only 45 mins long.

chest6 is offline Banned
    So does soccer still fall in the category of fat burn? And can the weights be done in the A.M?
    soccer is more in the conditioning anaerobic category. Most of it is stop and go..I wouldnt cut carbs before this unless you wanted to see some muscle loss and major fatigue.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    soccer is more in the conditioning anaerobic category. Most of it is stop and go..I wouldnt cut carbs before this unless you wanted to see some muscle loss and major fatigue.
    I agree.... its almost like interval training, you can go from rest to 80-85% of your M.H.R..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    I agree.... its almost like interval training, you can go from rest to 80-85% of your M.H.R..
    yup..I was about to compare it to HIIT but I figured he wasn't familiar with it.

Ok now that you fine people helped me out clear my question, how many time s a week should I perform cardio for LBM cycle.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    im cutting
    i do weights in morning
    cardio at night
    and yes it does work..

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ok now that you fine people helped me out clear my question, how many time s a week should I perform cardio for LBM cycle.
    cycle as in gear cycle or as in bulking diet cycle???

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i think he meant lean body mass cycle...diet.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i sometime do cardio at night nothing wrong IMO it has worked well for me in the past, getting cardio in whenever you can is better than not doing it at all IMO

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    cycle as in gear cycle or as in bulking diet cycle???
    Yeah Lean body mass cycle. How many times a week and how long ?

Thread Information