Thread: Hows my workout

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Hows my workout

Mon-Back and Lats- T-bar 3x8 supersetted with 1 arm dbell rows 3x8, standing upright rows 3x8, pullups 3x failure, wide grip lat bar pulldowns 3x8

Tue- Chest- Bench 3x8, incline 3x8, flyes 3x8, incline flyes 3x8, cable crossovers 3x8

Wed- Biceps- Standing bbell curls 3x8, hammers 3x8, incline dbell 3x8, preacher 3x8

Thr- Tris and shoulders- Superset tri pulldowns 3x8 and kickbacks 3x8, skullcrusher 3x8, superset of forward and lateral dbell raises, rear delt laterals (cables) 3x8, military 3x8, shrugs 3x15

Fri- Legs- Leg extension 3x20, ham curl 3x20, squats 3x20, hack squats 3x20

On MWF I do calves and abs. My calf workout is standing bbellcalf raises 3x20, dbell calf raises 3x20, seated raises 3x20.
    My abs are 4 sets till failure of crunches.

Advice, tips and criticism welcome.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Drop the incline flyes and perhaps crossovers (unless you feel they fry your pecs like nothing else) and do dips for chest. Flat flyes will cover the isolations needed. You could also take advantage of the incline bench which works your shoulders to add in some shoulder exercises?

Your triceps workout is incredibly weak as there is no multi-joint exercise. Skulls and rope pulldowns are good but you need dips and close grip bench as well. Forget kickbacks, they are weak and give a short range of motion.

The biceps workout is spot on, legs seem pretty good, abs good. Where are your deadlifts!?!?

I'm not sure on your split. Chest on its own day makes it a bit inflexible.
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-16-2005 at 02:39 AM.

Sorry it was late when I posted this. I do deadlifts and depending on how I feel that day I throw in some good-mornings too. I do close grip bench as well, just forgot to add it. I don't really understand how dips work chest, I feel it only works my tris. Is there another way to them? What about declines for chest, does anybody still do those>?

Flexor is offline Banned
    Declines work the whole chest anyway although the lower perhaps to a slightly greater extent. Essentially decline just minimises anterior delt involvement allowing greater concentration on the pecs.

Dips are done by flaring the elbows out the sides of your body and by leaning forward slightly. That way you are performing shoulder adduction with the pecs which pulls the muscle in a completely different plane to transverse flexion or flexion that is performed in bench pressing. Decline is a half-way house between these two shoulder movements.

Dips are especially good as they allow heavy weight in a different direction. Dips mean you don't need decline bench

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    how u r workout ? its totaly shit.do sum research bro.

redmango is offline Junior Member
    you need to do a lot more for abs than just crunches. there are hundreds of ab exercises you can do that will work all different parts of your trunk, and you are limiting yourself to the easiest and most basic one. Ab exercises with weight resistance are very effective too. Try to vary the number of sets and reps more on your other lifts.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    how u r workout ? its totaly shit.do sum research bro.
    And you can research the english lang...

Thanks for the advice Flexor and redmango. Chemical King, don't bother replying to a post if you don't have a significant response.

It also helps to do a different combination of lifts, sets, and reps from week to week for constant consistent gains. 3x8 wont cut it for long. look at some other members workouts to get an idea of some different types of sets and reps. Also, try to work in a few forearm exercises every week. that is one muscle that is commonly overlooked. i could suggest some ab lifts or routines, but trying to explain them would only confuse the hell out of you. I believe i posted some more ab advice on another one of ur threads.

Yes you did, I looked around online and got some good visuals of some exercises I will try out for my abs. I don't stick to 3x8, thats just where I am now. I was doing 3x10 for a while, then went down to 5x5, this is just where I am at now. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

anytime.
    ur not going that light every week on legs are you? If you are, then you really need change that and go heavy some weeks. What are your goals? athletics, bodybuilding, or just gettin bigger and buffer?

Well my ultimate goal is bodybuilding, not competing or anything though. Yea I had been doing 3x20 for legs each week. I read somewhere that higher reps are better for leg growth. I was thinking about switching it up though and doing 3x10 for hack and regular squat. I'd still do 3x20 for extensions and ham curls. Then maybe finish it up with some failure sets of leg presses.

Thread Information