chest6 is offline Banned

deadlifting technique

For about a year..my deadlift came to a halt and wouldnt budge. I switched to sumo and have been having great success. Yesterday this guy told me to squat down near the bar...before I have left as much daylight as possible between me and the bar..keeping my back arched. Also..he told me to rotate my knuckles downward..any thoughts on what is correct and easier?

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I have found that 1,000 people will tell you 1,000 different things. I have been taking the deadlifting article (in the sticky) with me to the gym on back day. I do the same with the squatting article (on leg day). In between sets, I read through it again....I figure, that in time, it will become second nature.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i think a good tip is to keep your shoulders behind the bar..... it is much easier to pull the weight this way

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i am not a great dead lifter, and i dont max out anymore, but the best tip i ever got was to push down with your legs opposed to lifting up with your back and when the weight starts moving, do a pelvic tilt, gettig your hips under your shoulders quickly. the man who help me with this, still holds the push -pull state record in the masters divison. at the time when he set it he was 59 .....5'9 at a body weight of 215 , benched 414 and deaded 490. and no juice! now, i can rep both of these weights, but i am 49 and 245lbs 5'11 and not juice free... you can too, im sure hope this helps
    Last edited by wascaptain5214; 10-21-2005 at 04:47 AM.

diezell is offline Senior Member
    whereever you go people are going to tell you different things, i say go with what feels right to you.

chest6 is offline Banned
    thanks guys..looks good..Ill apply this for Monday

Thread Information