Thread: skinny legs

stryker5555 is offline Junior Member

skinny legs

im starting a new 12 week workout plan to bulk up as much as possible ... i have im diet in order my supplements ( protein powders and weight gainers ) and i have my gym times laid out where i can get to the gym all i need ... this is what i want though a leg workout plan that will get me alot of growth in a short amout of time ... 2 years ago do to a tumor i had in my back i was paralized and my legs withered away to almost nothing .. now i just have skinny legs but my doctor has said i have no limitations as far as to working out and all so i need something to get my legs to grow ... fast as possible ...

BigRandy is offline Associate Member
    start out slow and your size will come back. make sure you have squats as part of your workout

TCEL300 is offline Member
    look @ the sticky up at the top of the page swolecats leg workout...shit is SERIOUS....i have puked 3 times since starting it...its awesome

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Getting back into it after a serious medical condition I would stick with 5 sets of Full Squats at 12-15 reps followed by quadricep and hamstring extensions. Keep the quad extensions reps at around 15-18 and the hamstring reps at around 8-10.

Do this for about 3 months and keep track of the loads you use and time it takes to complete the workout. And everytime you go in the gym you should either increase the load or decrease the rest intervals.

! Don't get all pumped up and jump on an advanced routine - you will end up overtrained, losing the motivation you are feeling right now and failing to really see any big improvements due to an overload on your CNS and overtained muscles - or worse, injured.

Good luck - get a training journal started and plenty of good foods (proteins) and rest.

stryker5555 is offline Junior Member
    yah thanks warrior ... ive been lifting sinse i started back walking wich i guess is closer to 3 yrs now but i was small when i started like really small ... i was 120 pounds now im 172 and i have good upper body but i was always worried about doing legs at first then it just became a bad habit not doing them ... i can run and jump and have really good indurance with my legs again i just havent weight trained then like i should ... really as i think i am geneticaly gifted cause my body developes so fast ... i can grow on demand almost but i havent been real disapline do to this ... but now i kinda just cut out all the unecasary things in my life to focus on this and took a look at myself and what stood out was the legs ... they need to grow

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Remember to not throw out to many things that it becomes an impracticle part of your life. Weight training should now take on a roll close to basic hygiene. Make it fit - but also make it a long term fit. Great results can be made in less than a year - but a solid, well-trained body takes much longer...

Focusing on your legs will help your entire body. You should think of that when you trian. Your body's largest muscle groups (quads, hams, glutes) are located below the waist and create training response that can benefit everything... let alone keep your body well porportioned - many people will stop growing [naturally] simply because they have neglected legs for so long. Your body will only allow so much imbalance. Due to the combination of the large muscles being worked - a testosterone and GH surge from training legs creates a natural anabolic response...

Thread Information