Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member

Help burn fat on my stomach?

I do cardio 3 days a week 30 min in the morings. I have one of those belts that you wear around your wasit to make you sweat in that certain area. Any thoughts on if you think it will make me burn more fat in my stomach area and sides during a work-out or waste? Thanks....

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Nope, not possible to lose BF in a chosen area, body will lose fat in that area last. It will lose it from other area's first: Legs, arms, back, it will stay to try and protect your vital organs. You just have to continue to lose weight but its usually the last place for men. You need to be doing at least 5 days of cardio and 45 min. And make sure you have a good diet, then you will lose the fat.

Ironman5151 is offline Associate Member
    thankx...just seeing if it would help

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    It will lose it from other area's first: Legs, arms, back, it will stay to try and protect your vital organs. You just have to continue to lose weight but its usually the last place for men. .
    Nicely said, that is the g-dam truth

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    sure is the truth....
    bloody hard work i tell ya

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    helios

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    what about Lipostabil, Lecithin,

It kills me how when its reaching that time of the year you have half the gym in the ab section trying to "get a 6 pack." For some reason people still dont get it that we are all born with a 6 pack. The only thing that separates people who have visible abs over another is BF%.

Sure you can work the abdominals to thicken them up and try to make them more pronounced but there is no way in hell that by training them you will lose fat in that area. The key to having a ripped 6-pack is diet diet diet. Administering a proper cardio regimen and a clean diet will get you the results you want. Not 500 sit ups before you go to bed or one of those "ab belts" as was stated in this thread.

Diet,cardio,willpower and a lot of patience! Period

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    It kills me how when its reaching that time of the year you have half the gym in the ab section trying to "get a 6 pack." For some reason people still dont get it that we are all born with a 6 pack. The only thing that separates people who have visible abs over another is BF%.

Sure you can work the abdominals to thicken them up and try to make them more pronounced but there is no way in hell that by training them you will lose fat in that area. The key to having a ripped 6-pack is diet diet diet. Administering a proper cardio regimen and a clean diet will get you the results you want. Not 500 sit ups before you go to bed or one of those "ab belts" as was stated in this thread.
    True dat. but that last part about the thickening up of the ab muscle is so true too. I had VERY low bf for years, but never had abs. like 6-8%. In the wrestling lockerroom my budies would be like, "Dude, your so ripped everywhere else, why don you have abs?"
    The reason was i just didnt have the muscle down there, despite my 300 crunches a day.
    Now, I DO have abs and its cuz i do one set of weighted crunches once a week with straps for 8 reps. It totally made them pop out. And now i have new parts of my abs that i never seen before. The new muscle also pushed som veins to the surface on my lower abs that i defenetly didnt have before, even when i was at lower BF than i am now.
    I am in my first month of this years bulking phase so, that is why they are still visible. Prolly wont be there in 6 weeks.
    So IMO, Heavy weighted crunches + cardio + diet = abs

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicBoy1981
    True dat. but that last part about the thickening up of the ab muscle is so true too. I had VERY low bf for years, but never had abs. like 6-8%. In the wrestling lockerroom my budies would be like, "Dude, your so ripped everywhere else, why don you have abs?"
    The reason was i just didnt have the muscle down there, despite my 300 crunches a day.
    Now, I DO have abs and its cuz i do one set of weighted crunches once a week with straps for 8 reps. It totally made them pop out. And now i have new parts of my abs that i never seen before. The new muscle also pushed som veins to the surface on my lower abs that i defenetly didnt have before, even when i was at lower BF than i am now.
    I am in my first month of this years bulking phase so, that is why they are still visible. Prolly wont be there in 6 weeks.
    So IMO, Heavy weighted crunches + cardio + diet = abs
    Dude that's so awesome to hear!!! I LOVE hearing stories like that!!! It shows that dedication combined with knowledge helped you reach a goal you've always wanted.

As I started reading into your post right away I was like "I have to tell this dude to do some weighted crunches or weighted leg lifts." An BANG you threw it right in!!!! I'm really happy for you.

I might sound overly happy but it's just that I've seen so many people come into my gym day after day, week after week, so on and so forth. And do the same god dam routine and not change a bit. Then they want to result to juice to "help them out." If some people just tweaked their workouts and picked up a good book they could excel naturally. So this makes me so happy to see people touching up their routines and getting results..

Anabolic boy, great ****ing job man getting some results. Ever since I started combining weighted ab exercises and core exercises I have really seen some tremendous results. I used to have to get down to between 5-6% BF to see my abs. I'm currently 205 at 8% and can still see them fine. Synergy is the key in this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Once you have developed abs, you don't need to touch them again for years at a stroke. Its all diet once you've grown them. They maintain size and shape just like the neck muscles

scottroxx is offline Associate Member
    the only way to lose fat is to do cardio, I do a half hour morning and a half hour after workout ED. Of course you have to be on a strict diet and be disiplined as hell !!! I am 8 days out from a show and holy shit I wanna eat everything in site right now...lol Patience and it will all come together !!!!

Thread Information