Workout routine...critiques welcome

Monday: Chest/tris/shoulders
    Tuesday:Back/bis/abs
    Wednesday:cardio
    Thursday:legs/calves/forearms
    Friday:chest/tris
    Sat:Cardio/abs
    Sundayff

The reason I am throwing chest and tris in there twice is because I have NEVER been able to build up a big chest. When in heaving training before I was able to bench near 380 but still my chest wasnt defined. So i figure adding it in there 2 days a week might help (maybe im wrong). I dont like to work my shoulders and traps out that much because they get pretty damn big no matter what I do. they stand out most I think...Any advice appreciated

sooners04 is offline Senior Member
    I personally wouldn't do chest after legs. Maybe take Wednesday and Friday off of weights. When I work legs I find that the next day my lifts, no matter what they are suck.

Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member
    alright. Anyone else?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown$$
    alright. Anyone else?
    Working chest 2 times a week will not improve definition! you should look more to your diet for that, also hitting it twice a week will not help it grow any quicker you just put your self at a higher risk for overtraining witch could be the reason your having the trouble in the first place...I think you need to reevaluate your hole approach....

what repartitions are you using?

what exercises are you using?

How many sets per ex,?

Are you progressing productively?

are you natural?

are just some of the questions we need to no to help reevaluate for you..
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-20-2005 at 09:43 AM.

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    I would get more days rest.... also dont work chest 2x a week, thats overtraining. also eat eat eat....then your chest will get big...my chest sucked for a year i could only bench what most people warm up on, then I stated my spilt of 1 muscle group a day ex. back, chest, sholders, legs, arms-mon-friday...and started eating alot...my bench is 225lbs now a good 6reps, It grew a lot too, Its all about eating, and training right...also try using dumbells that could help, or a combo of both

Unknown$$ is offline Associate Member
    alright i'l stick to the once a week chest. DOes that go for arms also. Cuz ive seen some people who's arms dont grow the greatest recommended to work their arms out twice a week if needed

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown$$
    alright i'l stick to the once a week chest. DOes that go for arms also. Cuz ive seen some people who's arms dont grow the greatest recommended to work their arms out twice a week if needed
    Working arms 2 week is even more stupid the chest 2 week

who are the greatest?

scottroxx is offline Associate Member
    I workout 4 days on, one day off. chest,traps and bi's....legs....shoulders, calves and tri's....back and lats. to get more definition in your chest , change up excersises between the 2 days a week and work on your diet. do your upper body one day then legs the next day so you can let your upper body rest an extra day after a big body part workout. You need more cardio in there too, 3 days a week for half hour minimum. Cut back on how many body parts you work as well !! chest and shoulders in one day is too much, you can never have enough strength to lift at 100% doing two major body parts and then throwing in a minor body part to boot is just too too much for optimal gains and growth. Hope that helps you out a bit?? Good luck.....

coleb61 is offline New Member
    If you are natural, try looking up some HIT workouts. You'd only have to work out 2 or three tims a week. Helped me gain 12 lbs over the lat 6 months natuarally while workout out less than half as much.

Thread Information