Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member

Building thick traps, and sholders

Hey their is this guy in my gym, he is massive he has hudge traps and sholders he weights 260 and is pretty tall 64...but from behind his traps are ridiculously thick and it adds definatly to his back, he looks like he is wearing a football neck protector...I was wondering how the hell did he get those, also how come his sholders are so massive. I try to get my traps thick is my upper back, but nothing makes it like his, just cut and a little big...but i want thick...how do i do that....also i do train traps 2x a week with sholders heavy, and back light....thanks and please help.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Therocksbiggestfan
    Hey their is this guy in my gym, he is massive he has hudge traps and sholders he weights 260 and is pretty tall 64...but from behind his traps are ridiculously thick and it adds definatly to his back, he looks like he is wearing a football neck protector...I was wondering how the hell did he get those, also how come his sholders are so massive. I try to get my traps thick is my upper back, but nothing makes it like his, just cut and a little big...but i want thick...how do i do that....also i do train traps 2x a week with sholders heavy, and back light....thanks and please help.
    Unfortunately that’s the way it goes, he may be a genetic freak that is drug and HGH assisted! he may not even train traps, when it comes to genetics you just have to make the most of what you have, forget about him, think about your self...

there’s no secret exercise, or powder, just avoid overtraining and stick with the basics ect, ect, and hit traps after back with heavy shrugs!!!

As for shoulders I recommend hitting them after chest, 2 shoulder press 3 laterals, fast and hard then get out of there for your P/W/N
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-20-2005 at 09:58 AM.

thanks, yeah I only think of others to drive me to greatness, also I definatly think he is a freak of hgh!!!

SHRED is offline Senior Member
    Deadlifts, Squats, and cadillac shrugs.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Dead; Squats and cleans

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I agree with Buff Daddy and Narkissos. Another great trap exercise is static holds with massive weight. Once you plateau on shrugs, give these a try. Pick up a heavily loaded barbell and hold for time. Failure is reached when you lose good shoulder posture. If you really want to overload the traps, use some straps.

SprinterOne is offline Senior Member
    My traps really started developing when I beging O-lifting.

bigJJ is offline Member
    Olympic lifts are always good. Dumbell shrugs, barbell shrugs (with the bar in front of you), barbell shrugs (with the barbell behind you), straight bar rows.

Once your traps are pumped and totally toasted, try static holds with heavy weight and see how long you can hold good posture.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    theres a book called kelso's shrug book that has many good exercises for building traps and upper back

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I agree with Buff Daddy and Narkissos. Another great trap exercise is static holds with massive weight. Once you plateau on shrugs, give these a try. Pick up a heavily loaded barbell and hold for time. Failure is reached when you lose good shoulder posture. If you really want to overload the traps, use some straps.
    i agree....it goes without saying that all the correct compound movements have to be there!!!

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Dead's have helped mine along the most. I don't even do shrugs...

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93

What is static holds?

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Joe
    What is static holds?
    He explained it above.
    "Pick up a heavily loaded barbell and hold for time. Failure is reached when you lose good shoulder posture. If you really want to overload the traps, use some straps."

well my 2 days vary these excerises...

back day:

shug machine. 4x faliure
    front shrugs. 4x faliure
    back shrugs. 4x faliure
    up rows...4x faliure

sholder day:
    dumbell shrugs: 4x faliure
    front bar shrugs 4x faliure
    back bar shurgs 4x faliure
    rear delt machine 4x faliure

also I do squats on leg day, as well as dead lifts. also every wednesday in gym class for school I do my power cleans, since I go to the gym later and do legs, to get the grade I do power cleans 4-5sets.

LittleNate is offline Junior Member
    i love deads...they work my traps way more than doing shrugs alone

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    i always hit delts with traps, and i always hit delts first, then i go at 3 sets of upright rows, followed by 6 sets of shrugs(barbell), with the C-bar, it looks like this it really helps to hit the traps. i do front shrugs and behind the back. sorry this is the best i can do, take out the * and thats what the bar looks like.

----------- ************ -----------------
    ********* \___________/***************
    Last edited by robkesl; 10-23-2005 at 08:22 PM.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    well.. everyone left out the main secret..

eat...eat ... eat....

oh and rest....rest...rest...

and genetics.. sorry..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information