Thread: Cutting-tips

Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Cutting-tips

I have been bulking for a couple months now and my BF is pretty high (20%) but it was higher than that to start with. I'd like to get down to 5-10% I am 20, 5'8 and 215lbs. I have been lifting for a year total.

What should I get my heart rate up to to lose the fat? I had been runnig 5mph for 45 min. but haven't ran in a few weeks.

I know to eat my carbs only in the morning-if I lift at night on certain days should I still have maltodextrin in my PWO shake, or just whey?

What should my caloric intake be? I was thinking around 2200-2700 with at least 250g protein. But what about my carbs and fat totals?

Does my cardio have to be running? Could I run for 30min and bike for 30min?

Should I change my reps up in the gym? Currently arms are 3x8 and legs are 3x20( squats 3x10). Maybe bump up the reps or bump up the sets to get more intensity out of it and keep my heart rate up?

New to cutting so any and all tips would be great. I appreciate it.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    1.carbs should be breakfast and pwo.
    2.pwo shake is protein and malto at a ratio of 2:1 maltoro
    3.cardio is anything that works out ur cardiovascular system so yes bike is fine just keep ur steady bpm.
    4.when u say 3x8 is that 3 sets 8 reps if so up the sets to about 9 for small muscles and 12-15 for large muslce.

decadbal is offline Banned
    id get dex, malto isnt my 1stpic

robkesl is offline Senior Member
    cardio. moderate intenisty for 60-90 mins.

walking is a great fat burner, cause you can do it for a long ass time, jogging and running is for most better for cardiorespitory.(there are some that can run for endurance)

you want to find something you can do for an extended period of time, modern research shows that this is far better at burning fat. than running for 40 mins. or so.
    Last edited by robkesl; 10-23-2005 at 09:48 PM.

So walking at 3.5-4mph for an hour would be more effective than running for 20-30 minutes at 5mph?
    And when I meant I do 3x8 for arms and 3x10 for legs I mean I do those per exercise. I do about 12 sets for arms and 15 sets for legs with 3 sets per exercise.

How bad would it be to cut out carbs completely? I hear a lot of people have success with no/low carb diets. I could just bump up my protein a bit more. Any sense in doing this?

Thread Information