Akrus423 is offline Useless Member

What is a bally's total fitness like?

anybody ever been to a bally total fitness before? i was wondering if it was a solid gym?, and not just some wimpy gym with just woman toning their body's.

Anyways i have a friend who is 16, and i'm 18, and he was wondering what age u needed to be to join the gym.

i kinda have a feeling, it is just some gym, where everyone just talks about stock, and guys do workouts with little 15 pound dumbbells.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I worked out at Bally's before. They are heavy sales oriented, like Gold's. The atmosphere is of a singles club. You'll have some dedicated lifters but the majority are checking their hair in the mirrors. I'd find a serious lifters gym, generally not as shiny, and get to work. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I worked out at Bally's before. They are heavy sales oriented, like Gold's. The atmosphere is of a singles club. You'll have some dedicated lifters but the majority are checking their hair in the mirrors. I'd find a serious lifters gym, generally not as shiny, and get to work. Good luck!

any juicers there though?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrus423
    any juicers there though?
    There are a few but not too many. I'm from Wisconsin though.

I go to ballys, primarily for two reasons...1) I pay $8.00 per month, yes, EIGHT DOLLARS and 2) It's 2 blocks from my house. Anyway, in my gym I'd say there are maybe 10-12 guys who definately juice; A LOT OF HOT GIRLS , and about 15% of the others are just real dedicated lifters. The majority I'd have to say are just there like once every few weeks, doing the worst form possible, trying to be personal trainers...it's pretty annoying

Quote Originally Posted by El Jugo Buen0
    I go to ballys, primarily for two reasons...1) I pay $8.00 per month, yes, EIGHT DOLLARS and 2) It's 2 blocks from my house. Anyway, in my gym I'd say there are maybe 10-12 guys who definately juice; A LOT OF HOT GIRLS , and about 15% of the others are just real dedicated lifters. The majority I'd have to say are just there like once every few weeks, doing the worst form possible, trying to be personal trainers...it's pretty annoying

is the gym in bad quality? i wondering if it is, because if it is 8.00$ a month, then it is one cheap as* gym.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Akrus423
    is the gym in bad quality? i wondering if it is, because if it is 8.00$ a month, then it is one cheap as* gym.
    The appearance of the gym isn't bad or preps wouldn't come there try hit on each other.
    Quality is another story. There will be a lot of machines because heavy sales oriented gyms want the general public in their gym. This means that they will use a machine and move on to the next one. With free weights, you need to set up the barbell, etc. which takes time. They also don't want the majority of their members to show up because if they did, their gyms wouldn't be able to hold all the members. In Milwaukee, Animal House is where you go to do some serious strength training. Bally's

Thread Information