S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist

been geting PMs about my program here you go!

looks like some ppl are interesting in my high low reps training asking for a link, well I couldn’t find it ether so here you go

The repartition range in this routine will be 6-15
    13-15 loading phase, 6-8 growth phase,
    Sets during loading phase, 3-4 per excise Sets during growth phase, 2-3 per excise
    Big muscle groups 4 exercises, small muscle groups 3 exercises.
    Days i train 5

The sets of each exercise for three weeks only should be between 12-15 repetitions each. In my opinion it is around three to four weeks when the body will start to adapt to what you are doing therefore you will find it hard to keep gaining in muscle size. performing so many repetitions provides you with a great pump blood rushing into the muscle which is a good thing since along with the blood are nutrients that nourish the muscle cells and help them recover and rebuild bigger much faster. Performing this amount of repetitions will help build up your resistance to lower volume type work of 6-8 reps. Using this repetition range of 13-15 reps with along side another three weeks of lower volume but higher intensity (6-8 repetitions) will give you a double muscle growth affect over six weeks. as soon as you have adapted to13-15 reps you then do three weeks of 6-8 reps combating adaptation. we will call these two stages13-15 the loading phase and the 6-8 reps the growth phase. It is because of the loading phase your body will now be a lot more conditioned. Your tolerance will be a lot higher to weight training because of the higher repetitions and sorter rest period throughout the loading phase. your body will build up an almost amenity so, when you go to the growth phase it’s a new stimulant, and you wont believe the strength you’ve gained. When you try it out and you will not be disappointed I certainly wasn’t. The first cycle I done first week of the growth phase I was warming up with 40kg on bicep curls, 40kg couldn’t believe it. Don’t let the loading phase put you of with the high reps, this is just temporary this will prepare you for the growth phase besides it keeps your body fat in check along with the short rest periods (coming up)

Cycling rest between sets
    The rest between sets should be kept to a minimum 60-90 seconds or shorter during the loading phase. Keeping your rest time in between sets and exercises to a minimum not only allows you to perform a good amount of work within the 60 minute training window (I will come to this next) but it also helps improve your cardiovascular system and most importantly maximizes the output of growth hormone , the powerful fat burning, muscle building hormone. Also some new studies I’ve researched suggested that this range may promote a muscle voluminizing effect in which water goes inside the muscle cells (not outside) and makes the muscles look more firm and bigger. Do not confuse this with water retention outside of the muscle cells, which is what makes us look puffy and fat. I am not a fan of using such short rests between sets over a long period i.e. any longer than three weeks. When it comes to the growth phase you can rest for longer during sets 3-4 minuets this is because the stimulus is now heavy weights geared towards more muscle growth enjoy.

Do not train no long
    The maximum amount of time a weight training session should last is 60-1.5 minutes. if you train to long, the levels of muscle building and fat burning hormones like growth hormone and testosterone start to drop. Also, the glycogen in your system, which is the fuel that your muscles use to contract, has been depleted. What this means is that training for any more than x amount minutes will actually be a waste of your time since you will no longer have the hormones or the fuel necessary to produce muscle growth. Continue to train past 2 hours or so and you will get impaired recovery which leads to overtraining. with this routine you will not overtrain.

Training five days a week
    you will be training five days a week but for no longer than one hour or so and with low sets. To minimize body parts overlapping you will see that biceps is a few days away from back, and triceps are away from chest and shoulders. in my opinion the easiest place to overlap body parts during training is chest and shoulders. The anterior head of the deltoids gets massive stimulation during flat and incline pressing movements so training shoulders on an additional day will stress the shoulders even more leading to overtraining.

Lose or Maintain fat with the loading phase
    The loading phase is ideal for maintaining or loosing body fat while bulking because of the shorter rests and higher frequency of training. So if you put on a few pounds of body fat during the growth phase your next loading phase will help you bring it of again. Since this is only for three weeks it wont stop you from bulking.

The Loading Phase
    During the loading phase the body is stressed with an increasing high volume of work During this phase, three things will happen:
    1) The growth hormone output goes through the roof due to the short rest interval between sets and the high volume.
    2) Hypertrophy occurs (muscle growth)
    3) The body’s recuperation capabilities are upgraded in response to the stress imposed by the increasing volume of work coupled with short rest intervals.

The Growth Phase
    During the Growth Phase the body is not stressed by volume. This time, the stimulant for growth is heavy weights. If this phase would be kept for too long eventually the body would stop making strength and muscle gains because of adaptation and you would soon hit muscle failure. This is the reason why we always need to go back to a Loading Phase. During this phase the following three things will happen
    1) The testosterone levels go through the roof in response to the longer rest in between sets and the heavier weights.
    2) Hypertrophy (muscle growth) occurs by the body increasing the actual diameter of the myofiber (the muscle fiber size) through increased protein synthesis.
    3) Since your body’s recuperation abilities were built up to the maximum by the previous phase and the volume has gone down dramatically, these extra recuperation capabilities are used to increase strength and build more muscle mass. The reason the body does this is in order to be prepared for another stressful period like the one it just gone through. This adaptation mechanism is the one that ensures the survival of the species.

Muscle Failure
    To get the best out of this routine you must prolong muscle failure as long as you can the sooner you fail the sooner your cycle will end. don’t get cared away with adding 5- 10kg every time you train, if you barely managed six reps with the 30s on shoulder press, what are you going to do next week, slap on another 5kg aside I don’t think so. Hitting muscle failure means no thither growth because you cannot give the body the new stimulus it needs for growth over the coming weeks, don’t get me wrong this is the best but also the hardest routine I’ve ever tried, when your dead lifting during loading trying to beet 110kg for fifteen that you did last week its not easy.
    Training hard or harder than hard is all that will do in terms of muscle growth, it must be done. Just make sure you get the right reps in the right phases no more than 8 in growth and no les than 12-14 while loading.

Rest at the end of your cycle
    Over a period of time after say a 12 week cycle it is good to take a week of for recovery purposes doing this type of training demands a lot from your body. If your tendons or ligaments become sore you need extra recovery time taking a week of will make sure that you’ve completely recover from the growth phase and gain as much muscle as possible.

The exercises are to be used in this routine, you should stick with big basic midrange movements, multiple joint exercises. The days you will train will be Monday to Friday. MONDAY (back) TUSEDAY (triceps) WEDNESDAY (legs)
    THERSDAY (biceps) FRIDAY chest, shoulders. Ensure that you are finished in one hour.

Exercises at your Disposal.
    Chest: Flat Bench bar, Dumbbell Bench, Incline Bar, or Dumb,
    Back: Bar rows, Pull-ups, one arm rows, Dead lifts, Shoulder Shrugs.
    Biceps: Standing Bar curl, Alternative Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. Rev, Curl
    Triceps: Skull Crushers, Seated Extensions, Pushdowns, Dips,
    Shoulders: Side Lat Raises, Shoulder Press, Upright Rows,
    Legs: Squats, Calf raises, Legg press,
    keep in mind less is always more in bodybuilding, don’t do 20 sets of this, or 15 sets of that its quality not quantity.

As we all no nutrition plays a massive role in building a body this is just the training side of things but remember one without the other = 0
    Last edited by S.P.G; 10-24-2005 at 05:19 AM.

MuckDog is offline Senior Member
    good read!

Quote Originally Posted by MuckDog
    good read!
    thanks for taking the time

decadbal is offline Banned
    good combo of beginner principles

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    good combo of beginner principles
    yes nothing fancy and aimed more at the natural bodybuilder

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    yes nothing fancy and aimed more at the natural bodybuilder
    i disagree, a serious or anabolic BBer can and do use the same principles.. and ive always said, and still do, simple is the best, whether its workout, supps or aas.. and diet... you cant mess simple up

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    i disagree, a serious or anabolic BBer can and do use the same principles.. and ive always said, and still do, simple is the best, whether its workout, supps or aas.. and diet... you cant mess simple up
    agree!!! Yates??? Coleman??? basic principals, low volume. 2 of the biggest mofos on the planet.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    definately good read s.p.g

Disagree with what? I was just saying that it is geared to the natty, not that it is only for the natty! I agree with what you said 100% I haven’t said otherwise...

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    good read man

JAYROD is offline Senior Member
    very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    agree!!! Yates??? Coleman??? basic principals, low volume. 2 of the biggest mofos on the planet.
    Coleman dont train low volume, Yates did but not Ronny

and the programs not completely low volume

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    long but good read SPG.

have a couple questions/comments regarding ur program, mind if i shoot you a PM?

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Coleman dont train low volume, Yates did but not Ronny
    Coleman does train low volume compared to most pro bodybuilders. Yates trained with a VERY low volume, it was more like the Mentzer's HIT or Doggcrapp training.

Quote Originally Posted by JNel04
    long but good read SPG.

have a couple questions/comments regarding ur program, mind if i shoot you a PM?
    shoot bro....

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Good read...thanks for taking the time to post it

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Good read...thanks for taking the time to post it
    thanks dude!!!

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    For the phases it doesnt really say how many sets per exercise, i.e the growth phase on chest/shoulder day, would it look somethhing like this..
    a warmup set on flat bench
    flat bench- x8 x6 x6
    incline bench-x 8 x6 x6
    flat dumbel- x8 x6
    flat incline- x8 x6
    shoulder press- x8 x6 x6
    side rasies- same
    front raises-same??

after a good chest workout, my shoulders r usually trashed, would it be ok to jsut throw my shoulders in tuesday, so id do shoulders first, then tris,its easier to get a good tri workout after shoulders then a good shoulder one after chest? also i could ass a few more sets on chest this way

bump

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    after a good chest workout, my shoulders r usually trashed, would it be ok to jsut throw my shoulders in tuesday, so id do shoulders first, then tris,its easier to get a good tri workout after shoulders then a good shoulder one after chest? also i could ass a few more sets on chest this way
    like i said...

Training five days a week
    you will be training five days a week but for no longer than one hour or so and with low sets. To minimize body parts overlapping you will see that biceps is a few days away from back, and triceps are away from chest and shoulders. in my opinion the easiest place to overlap body parts during training is chest and shoulders. The anterior head of the deltoids gets massive stimulation during flat and incline pressing movements so training shoulders on an additional day will stress the shoulders even more leading to overtraining.

Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    For the phases it doesnt really say how many sets per exercise, i.e the growth phase on chest/shoulder day, would it look somethhing like this..
    a warmup set on flat bench
    flat bench- x8 x6 x6
    incline bench-x 8 x6 x6
    flat dumbel- x8 x6
    flat incline- x8 x6
    shoulder press- x8 x6 x6
    side rasies- same
    front raises-same??
    The set and reps are at the start of the program, once you hit the growth phase its you to you how you do it, I like to do all 8s for 3 weeks then all 6s when (growth) comes round again…just remember to progress each week..
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-16-2005 at 10:33 AM.

gooroo is offline Associate Member
    S.P.G you like to do all 8's for 3 weeks during loading and then all 6's during growth phase? I thought you would do 12-15 during the loading phase as you mention in the nice post.

Explain.

Quote Originally Posted by gooroo
    S.P.G
    Explain.

like i said...

The set and reps a at the start of the program, once you hit the growth phase its you to you how you do it, I like to do all 8s for 3 weeks then all 6s when (growth) comes round again…just remember to progress each week..
    dude in red read carefully!!! i no what im talking about i created this program

now you Explain your self
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-14-2005 at 10:28 AM.

Holy cow not only do you have bad grammer and sentence structure but your are mentally unstable as well.
    CHILL OUT!
    I was only asking a question and wanted you do go more in depth.
    Reeeeelaaaaaax.

Holy cow not only do you have bad grammer and sentence structure but your are mentally unstable as well
    Hahah bro…. I’m not a English teacher and don’t want to be.. I’m a qualified personal trainer, and been in the bizz, for 6 years… I don’t give two ****s about grammar or sentence structure why would I…If you had taken the time to read my post properly in the first place we wouldn’t even be having this conversation…so you chill….No offence intended..

more in depth.
    Reeeeelaaaaaax.
    I depth with what that I do 6s instead of 8s when the growth comes round again
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-14-2005 at 11:26 AM.

…If you had taken the time to read my post properly in the first place we wouldn’t even be having this conversation
    If everyone did that, there would be NO questions on this thread. It appears I am not alone.

The exercises are to be used in this routine, you should stick with big basic midrange movements, multiple joint exercises. The days you will train will be Monday to Friday. MONDAY (back) TUSEDAY (triceps) WEDNESDAY (legs)
    THERSDAY (biceps) FRIDAY chest, shoulders. Ensure that you are finished in one hour.

Exercises at your Disposal.
    Chest: Flat Bench bar, Dumbbell Bench, Incline Bar, or Dumb,
    Back: Bar rows, Pull-ups, one arm rows, Dead lifts, Shoulder Shrugs.
    Biceps: Standing Bar curl, Alternative Dumbell Curls, Hammer Curls. Rev, Curl
    Triceps: Skull Crushers, Seated Extensions, Pushdowns, Dips,
    Shoulders: Side Lat Raises, Shoulder Press, Upright Rows,
    Legs: Squats, Calf raises, Legg press,
    Another question, these excercises at your disposal... like for chest, should I do all of those, or will flat bench only be an ok thing for that day?

Another question, these excercises at your disposal... like for chest, should I do all of those, or will flat bench only be an ok thing for that day?
    chest would be..

flat 2-3
    incline 2-3

You may look at that and think that’s no much!! that’s exactly it ,its not…

If your training to the required intensity level, your chest will be 95-98% down and out....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-16-2005 at 10:29 AM.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Great post brutha!

I am taking notes!

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Great post brutha!

I am taking notes!
    hey matrix....my grammer and sentence structure is so bad i shocked you could read it thanks for giving it a go anyway.....

rager is offline Member
    This program is another, Well, maybe ity works for some people?

Thread Information