Thread: help calves

quaker48 is offline Associate Member

help calves

My calves are one body part i need to get bigger. I havent really trained them very well or very much since i have began working out. I need some helps guys on how to get them caught for my lack of trianing over the years. How many times a week should i trained them??? 3 maybe ??? really looking for some good info.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quaker48
    My calves are one body part i need to get bigger. I havent really trained them very well or very much since i have began working out. I need some helps guys on how to get them caught for my lack of trianing over the years. How many times a week should i trained them??? 3 maybe ??? really looking for some good info.
    I train mine once a week. You need to blast the calves b/c they are so prone to walking and running that minimal resistance dose nothing to them. In this case since the calves train all day theoreticly you must do heavy ass training. Try this

3 set of standing calf raise go for 15 reps
    3 seated calf raises 12 reps
    3 leg press calf 12 reps

some people do donkey raises of grab a barbell and calf raise in the squat rack as well. The calves should feel on fire and you better be sore after this if not it's not hard enough.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    calves and abs are those muscles that you can train as often as you want as long as they are not sore because they repair faster than any other muscle. do them as much as three times a week.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    go bigger and go longer than 15 reps for 3 sets. You train calves right and you'll look like the biggest little bitch in the gym....thats how bad they hurt. I NEVER see anyone go to FAILURE on calve raises. Calves will make you cry

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    go bigger and go longer than 15 reps for 3 sets. You train calves right and you'll look like the biggest little bitch in the gym....thats how bad they hurt. I NEVER see anyone go to FAILURE on calve raises. Calves will make you cry
    This is true after calf raises I usually want to chew my legs off below the knees from the torture

jsimon is offline Associate Member
    I deff. work my 3 times a week. All i do is seated and standed calf raises.

Thread Information