Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Rep change while cutting?

I have decided I am done bulking. I learned alot about nutrition and lifting while bulking and it will come in handy next time I bulk. THANK YOU ALL. Now I am trying to get cut. I am currently 20% BF and would like to get to 5-10%. I have begun morning cardio and am working on a diet right now. Now my question:

Should I change my reps per lift while cutting?

I am currently doing 3x8 for each individual arm exercise and 3x20 per exercise for legs (3x10 for squat). Should I maybe bump up my reps to 12-15 or keep them the same? I was thinking maybe increasing reps would help burn off extra calories. However, I do not want to risk overtraining since my diet will have significantly fewer total calories. So, I figured you all would have the answer I need! Thanks.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    ok
    1. Would it make sense to use the same rep ranges that built you that muscle, so you could hang on to that muscle?

2. lifting weights is for increasing muscle size, cardio and diet is what takes off fat, I would humbly suggest letting the cardio and diet take off the fat

Well that's what I was counting on. I just wasn't sure if that's all I should be doing. Thanks.

I am not an expert by any means, you should look more into it to be certain what you are doing is correct. I have gotten seen this advice from a highly credible source

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Rep scheme shouldn't change.

The only variables that should change while cutting are:

1. Diet (i.e. there should be a dietary caloric deficit)
    2. Aerobics ( i.e. increasing the caloric expenditure)
    3. Supplementation (cutting increases nutrional requirements: i.e increased need of anti-oxidants...minerals etc.)

Well, what supplements would you reccommend? I already take EFAs. I am going to pick up some multivitamins today, as well as BCAAs, Glutamine and R-ala. Anything I am missing?

green tea is great

Green tea in like a pill form or actual green tea?

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    where the hell do you find R-ALA??? i see ALA everywhere so where can i get this stuff?

o actual green tea is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeoguy62
    Well, what supplements would you reccommend? I already take EFAs. I am going to pick up some multivitamins today, as well as BCAAs, Glutamine and R-ala. Anything I am missing?
    fat: EFAs; MCTs
    insulin modulator: chromium picolinate; r-ala
    vitamins: vitamin C; b-complex
    thermogenic: ECA/ECY/SCY

That's about it

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    green tea is great
    yup...cap form preferably..as it's standardised.

The tea is good too...but the doses differ from cup to cup...so use it to supplement the cap..but not in the place of it

What are the MCTs? I know of EFAs but have never heard of MCTs. Also, what is the "S" is the SCY stack? Would I need chromium picolinate and r-ala or just one or the other? Thanks.

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    id go with the chromium if i had to pick. Its more bang for your buck, though ALA does alot more for total health, it gets expensive, plus you gotta take extra biotin with it cuz it deplets it.

Also, i would actyually say Fvck the green tea. Recently i have found information about tea and its fluoride content. The tea plant basorbs more fluoride from the ground than any other plant.
    Fluoride, KILLS thyroid production. In fact, so much so, guess what was the omost commonly prescribed thing for hyperthyroidism?.......FLUORIDE Tablets!
    I work for my dad whoese a dentist, and after i presented this info to him, he is no considering not giving flouride treatments to patients anymore. Look it up. Its scary.
    And many cities flouridate their water. Go figure why hypothyroidism is one of the most common ailments in america? And thats with NORMAL water consumption. Us BB's, we drink GALLONS of this stuff a DAY. So in essence, your water could be making you fat. And you wanna add tea?
    Screw it. Stick to EFA, morning cardio and diet, maybe an anti-aromatase, and yourll be unstoppable.

Thread Information