Does Ethnicity Have A Part In Lifting? Poll

Ok, may sound stupid, actually it most definately will... But I've noticed through complaints from my friends, seeing people on the beach, etc that it seems that different ethnic groups develop certain body parts easier? I always noticed that a lot of white guys develop big arms fastest, while black/hispanic guys develop chest easier? Maybe just a coincidence...just something I've noticed out of my friends and some others. Anyone else think something similar?

chest6 is offline Banned
    I wish..arms are my weak point by far...my strong point is well....see username

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    it might be hard to say, ability probably varies in each ethnicity. For example, I am all European descent. My dad and my uncle are extremely gifted in muscle accumulation and shape. they are naturally very wide guys. My uncle is mesomorphic hardcore, my dad is unfortunately endomorphic (as am I) however did have a 6 pack in his prime and was very lean, never lifted that seriously but grew very well anyhow withhout trying, his goal was to look good after being a fat kid all his life and he did look very very good in the pictures i have seen. My uncle was in to getting huge. My other uncle, the 3rd brother, is highly ectomorphic. Probably couldnt gain a pound to save his life when he was younger. about 50 years old and is still slim. that just goes to show you how much genetics can very within a family let alone ethnicity
    Last edited by IronReload04; 10-24-2005 at 08:24 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    also, the 3rd brother my uncle, doesnt really have very full muscle bellies and has that ectomorphic look where it looks like he probably couldnt have gotten huge

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i beleive IrionFreak did a thread about this, do a search bruh

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    i think mostly the biggest things you see are like wider waists for white guys and smaller forearms and esp. calves for black guys.

i would say the opposite though, the black guys usually have bigger-looking arms and white guys bigger chest adn backs. meh it might just be how blacks look more cut and white have bigger trunks usually.

decadbal is offline Banned
    black ppl are slightly more evolved than white ppl, the longer heel of the foot is a istant giveaway. theres something about their calf as well, i dont remember what, but in anthro we learned that they are more evolved

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    black ppl are slightly more evolved than white ppl, the longer heel of the foot is a istant giveaway. theres something about their calf as well, i dont remember what, but in anthro we learned that they are more evolved
    that sounds logical... i always have thought that also.... i think it could be back from the days of slavery and all the work they were forced to do(not trying to affend anyone by the way)

HULKBOY is offline Member
    yea im learning something similar in my genetics class.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    the west african body is genetically superior to all others.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    Thats funny, theres very few I ever see with good calves

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Thats funny, theres very few I ever see with good calves
    yeah thats so hilarious man...you pointed out the only flaw they have!!!

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    well there is no racial group that is "most evolved" but based on mitochondrial dna whites are the most recently evolved.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    how come black people mostly dominate boxing? how come you almost never see a black swimmer? how about asians in basketball? when was the last time you saw a white guy beat a guy from kenya in those long ass races? oh and btw...the calf thing for black people . they find it hard to develop cause i think the tendon is higher or muscle insertion something like that.

ethnicity and genetics both play the biggest factors then comes lifestyle and enivormental factors.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I wish..arms are my weak point by far...my strong point is well....see username
    Same here and I am white. I wish I could have bigger and stronger triceps to get my bench higher cause I know my chest can handle it. I am just going to keep widening my grip

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    That is false. West African's excell at long distance running, but are outclassed by other groups in almost everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    That is false. West African's excell at long distance running, but are outclassed by other groups in almost everything else.
    Honestly how would you know? Ive asked someone why african americans bodies respond better to weight training and they said because look at the west african body...you see guys that dont even work out with well developed abs and muscles...and no i didnt ask any ol' scrub...i asked a personal trainer...no not one at your average 24 hr. fitness...an independent guy who co-owns a private gym.

Honestly how would you know? Ive asked someone why african americans bodies respond better to weight training and they said because look at the west african body...you see guys that dont even work out with well developed abs and muscles...and no i didnt ask any ol' scrub...i asked a personal trainer...no not one at your average 24 hr. fitness...an independent guy who co-owns a private gym.
    To be perfectly honest, I dont think one race has any "better genetics" over the other race as a whole. There has easily been just as many white Mr. Olympias as black.

Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    To be perfectly honest, I dont think one race has any "better genetics" over the other race as a whole. There has easily been just as many white Mr. Olympias as black.
    Thats true but what I think we are talking about here is this...If you stood a white guy and a black guy together weighing the same and having the same height, who would be more muscular?

Thats true but what I think we are talking about here is this...If you stood a white guy and a black guy together weighing the same and having the same height, who would be more muscular?

You cant judge by that, there are fat asses in every race, and toothpicks in every race. I see just as many jacked white guys as black guys. And by muscular do you mean size wise or tone? One reason blacks look more toned is because they're darker. Why do you think white people apply all that damn tanning oil before a show? It's impossible to say dude. Look at the Germans, the Germans have crazy genetics, look at how Arnold Schwarzenegger looked? Look at italians? Look at Franco Columbo. Remember Dorian Yates? And white Americans are made up of alot of different races from all over the world.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    you would think greeks would have super genetics due to their obsession with the human body...but my family is full of fatasses and i have to diet really hard just to look decent. like stacked said, i see the full spectrum of body types in every race. i dont think you can lump one race into one category and pinpoint their body type

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    i think having asian genes sucks (100% Korean). oh well gotta live w/ what you got and make the best of it.

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I made a couple posts on this subject. It basically boils down to this.

1. People of West African descent have a higher percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers. They also have higher calves and smaller waists which helps them excel at sports requiring bursts of energy like running, jumping and punching. Their "shitty" calves are actually what makes them better sprinters.

2. A lot of people of European descent have great strength development as well as very good muscle building potential, especially with the use of anabolics. They also have a tendency to have thick skin, which is usually attributed to adapting to a colder environment. Races that have adapted to warmer environments generally hold less bodyfat. It's interesting to note that people from the southern states in America are generally fatter and people from the western states are usually more fit. This is due to dietary lifestyle, not race.

3. People of East African descent have a MUCH greater percentage of slow twitch fibers than other races resulting in better endurance racing performance. It has also been shown that their muscles sustain and recover energy much faster in endurance activities.

4. Black people produce around 6 - 13% more testosterone than white people. White people produce about 6-13% more test than Asians. That really explains a lot, especially in natural bodybuilding.

It has also been shown that with exogenous testosterone supplementation that all races become more or less equal when it comes to building muscle. As far as bodybuilding is concerned black people of West African descent have a definite advantage as far as overall physique is concerned with their small waists. A small waist can totally change a bodybuilders overall look.

Yes, race does matter but I never let my race decide what I am going to do. Just because the average IQ of black people is lower than that of white people (BTW, I don't believe intelligence can be accurately tested) doesn't mean I have to be an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptfactory
    I made a couple posts on this subject. It basically boils down to this.

1. People of West African descent have a higher percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers. They also have higher calves and smaller waists which helps them excel at sports requiring bursts of energy like running, jumping and punching. Their "shitty" calves are actually what makes them better sprinters.

2. A lot of people of European descent have great strength development as well as very good muscle building potential, especially with the use of anabolics. They also have a tendency to have thick skin, which is usually attributed to adapting to a colder environment. Races that have adapted to warmer environments generally hold less bodyfat. It's interesting to note that people from the southern states in America are generally fatter and people from the western states are usually more fit. This is due to dietary lifestyle, not race.

3. People of East African descent have a MUCH greater percentage of slow twitch fibers than other races resulting in better endurance racing performance. It has also been shown that their muscles sustain and recover energy much faster in endurance activities.

4. Black people produce around 6 - 13% more testosterone than white people. White people produce about 6-13% more test than Asians. That really explains a lot, especially in natural bodybuilding.

It has also been shown that with exogenous testosterone supplementation that all races become more or less equal when it comes to building muscle. As far as bodybuilding is concerned black people of West African descent have a definite advantage as far as overall physique is concerned with their small waists. A small waist can totally change a bodybuilders overall look.

Yes, race does matter but I never let my race decide what I am going to do. Just because the average IQ of black people is lower than that of white people (BTW, I don't believe intelligence can be accurately tested) doesn't mean I have to be an idiot.
    THANK YOU!!! see i told you guys!

UCFTransam is offline Junior Member
    nice post script. I'm not sure how this ties in but a childhood friend of mine that i'm still really close too is half japanese half italian. His genetics are unreal. His arms are probably a good 20 inches and a chest that is unreal. His mom is heavy and his father is a string bean. He did martial arts for about 10 years growing up and was always pretty lean and in very good shape-although he never seriously strength trainer. It was when he was about 17-18 when he started to lift and just completely blew up.

Perhaps mixed genetics like jap/italian will complicate the situation even further.

Flexor is offline Banned
    This is BS. Its a sweeping statement that implies evolution is only physical. I'd agree that black ppl have genetically superior bodies but that doesn't mean they are more evolved because all races have different abilities/intelligences which usually balance each other out.

scriptfactory has got the real info, its very interesting...

Thread Information