Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Quietstorm40 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2

    When to do cardio?????

    hey guys just back to the gym and i have a little situation. I have no time in the mornings to go running cause i work really early in the morning! The goal i wanna accomplish is adding some muscle and having a toned body. So when do i do my cardio? should i do it on seperate days or before/after workout?
    Any response is appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    I would eat your normal meals and have pro/fat meals only within 4 hours of cardio..and then your pro/carb after these. This is what ppl in the diet forum say they do if they dont do cardio in the morning

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    N.Ireland, UK
    Posts
    760
    yep, make sure u dont have any carbs for at least 3 hours prior to your cardio, that way you should have them all used up.

    do cardio after your workout though, perfect situation for fat burning as you have already depleted your glycogen levels with the weights, so fats the only energy source!!

    good luck!!

  4. #4
    stocky121's Avatar
    stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    england/north east
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by nirish_mark20
    yep, make sure u dont have any carbs for at least 3 hours prior to your cardio, that way you should have them all used up.

    do cardio after your workout though, perfect situation for fat burning as you have already depleted your glycogen levels with the weights, so fats the only energy source!!

    good luck!!

    the only thing with doing cardio after weight's is your body is in need of your glycogen level's gettin restored with protein as quick as possible to help with muscle recovery. Doing cardio after weight's eat's into this recovery time.

    the best time to do cardio i s first thing on a morning on a empty stomach

  5. #5
    chest6's Avatar
    chest6 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    23,390
    Quote Originally Posted by stocky121
    the only thing with doing cardio after weight's is your body is in need of your glycogen level's gettin restored with protein as quick as possible to help with muscle recovery. Doing cardio after weight's eat's into this recovery time.

    the best time to do cardio i s first thing on a morning on a empty stomach
    yup..stockey do you have a pro/carb after that cardio session or pro/fat??

  6. #6
    stocky121's Avatar
    stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    england/north east
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    yup..stockey do you have a pro/carb after that cardio session or pro/fat??

    i have a pro/fat 10 minute's after finishing cardio

  7. #7
    AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pennslyvania
    Posts
    2,474
    Yeah go pro/fat after, to continue the lipolysis

  8. #8
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Posts
    3,710
    i do an hour of cardio then weights, so i will have my pwo after weights. dont ask me why i can only combine cardio and weights in the am.

  9. #9
    Quietstorm40 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2
    ya but what if i have no time in the mornings, when would you do it? should i do it on separate days?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •