zoso428 is offline Associate Member

bulking and cardio

i really need cardio in the morning ......it gets me up it keeps me going before work..if i want tos tart bulking would it be ok if i still do cardio 5 times a week...would that help me put less fat on ? or owuld that kill the idea of bulking? i really just want to put on lean mass........

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by zoso428
    i really need cardio in the morning ......it gets me up it keeps me going before work..if i want tos tart bulking would it be ok if i still do cardio 5 times a week...would that help me put less fat on ? or owuld that kill the idea of bulking? i really just want to put on lean mass........
    I don’t know if I like the idea of 5 day week cardio while bulking, you could be using up calories that you need, maybe 2-3 times a week wont do you much harm look in to your diet for gaining lean mass while bulking..
    Last edited by S.P.G; 06-30-2005 at 07:22 AM.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    if u do it 5 times a week i would say keep the runnin time down. 25-30 max. and not runnin but a descent pace jog.

hmm i might do that then do a 10 min ab work out after everyday so im still in the gym for about 45 min and it doesnt mess up my normal schedule of leaving for work

Pump_30 is offline Junior Member
    Lean mass takes time......any type of bulking your going to put on some fat.....IMO it's either one or the other.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump_30
    Lean mass takes time......any type of bulking your going to put on some fat.....IMO it's either one or the other.
    agreed pump.....

yea i know im not one of those people who are like "how can i burn fat and gain muscle" im not doin cardio to burn fat lol its like me coffee in the morning it gets me up and i like it ...i show up to work alert and what not rather then just gettin out of bed and going....i was just curuious as to how bad it would be while bulking

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pump_30
    I tried not to believe that..but it is 100% correct. I have concentrated on cutting and I have lost 10 lbs already in 2 1/2 weeks. My strength is down from benching 365 to like 315 which is pissing me off...but I guess I have to deal with it. I take glutamine before cardio and that works with energy but I'm still getting weaker..even tho it doesn't seem like I have lost any muscle mass??

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    do you think you could get away with 20-30 minutes sat and sunday and just a mile walk in the morning before breakfast to stay lean?

Thread Information