Tommy Gunn is offline Member

Just doing deadlifts

In my last thread I asked if you could do squats and deads on the same day. Most of the group said no.

Now my question is, in addition to your other days of lifting, could you put aside one day and just do deadlifts? When I do deadlifts I feel it in my whole body and after I feel too drained to do anything else. I was thinking of just going in doing 4x5 of deadlifts than drinking my PWO shake and calling it a day.

What do you guys think? Should I do this?

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    do the dead lifts last.

on squat days i'm so exhausted after squats that if i do them first.........im toast for anything else.

do your other ham exercses first...

i always start w./a 7 minute bike @ a high cadence as to get every thing warm.......below 70% max hr as to not expend any of my glycoge stores.

usually go to sitting ham curls...then good mornings.....lying leg curls........lying leg curl on flat bench w/a 60lb dumbbell between my feet........sometimes standing leg curls...then deads to finish um off.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    if u have problem doing anything else after deads
    leave the till the end..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn
    Now my question is, in addition to your other days of lifting, could you put aside one day and just do deadlifts? When I do deadlifts I feel it in my whole body and after I feel too drained to do anything else. I was thinking of just going in doing 4x5 of deadlifts than drinking my PWO shake and calling it a day.

What do you guys think? Should I do this?
    A friend of mine...who's now an IFBB pro...does this.

He puts aside a day in the week and does just deads and chins.

I don't see why you can't do just deads on that day...providing the day's chosen so as not to affect your recovery on other bodyparts.

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    as a competative powerlifter I have spent many workouts in the back of the gym doing only deads... with great results. everyone is different but you may find this to be benificial... you really won't know until you try... on a little side note... I havn't done any shrugs in the last 3 years and people always tell me my traps look huge... matter of fact people often ask what have I done to get that kind of growth... my answer: it's all in the deadlift!

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    just like RJ is saying... deads are unbelievable. i hit deads extremely hard yesterday and i woke today and my upper back/lower traps are sooooo sore. it feels great. i quit doing shurgs all together because it screw with my collerbone

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    I agree with RJ and do the same thing. My DL is my weakest lift and I have to work very hard on the exercise even though I dont like them, rather be squatting, but to improve my total I hit DLs hard and dedicate a day to them. Squat mondays and DL on thurs, works for me. IMO

Thread Information