GHO5T is offline Senior Member

workout question????

i've been weightlifting for about 2 yrs now, and it really looks like ive hit a plateau b/c i havent seen big gains at all in the last month or so.... but i had a question about how many days and which muscles to workout.... when i first started lifting basically i lifted one day and then one day off... so i would lift say monday and tuesday off then wednesday lift and etc.... the gains so far have been pretty good

But ive had many people say that my results be better if i switched to training each body part of different days, like back and biceps on monday, chest and triceps tuesday and etc... im not sure how to plan which body part to workout on which days, and im a little worried if i switch over to this routine i might lose some gains b/c to me it looks like your overtraining and not enough r and r for the muscles...

im taking ne suggestions that can be made and ne routines that you guys might have in mind...

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    well I myself work 2 on 1 off 2 on 2 off b/c of school. Hitting a plateau sucks but it happens to everyone. I would suggest switching everything up. Change the days you work the muscles, reps, sets, diet and exercises. One problem for some people when they first hit a plateau is that they do not work through the pain barrier. You must go 110% to get the muscles blasted post up what your routine looks like so I can have a look maybe I can give some suggestions as to what to do.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    you have to change your routine, so your muscles don't adapt..getting away with same routine for 2 years and seeing gains this whole way seems like a good run to me..its def. time to switch it up partner keep your muscles on their toes...Switch up everything IMO frequency, types of eexercise, volume...get ur diet in check..use the diet forum and be creative...good luck

yea basically my routine is as follows...

biceps curl 5x5 (75 pounds)
    preacher curl 5x5 (130 pounds)
    hammer curl 3x5 (60 pounds)
    incline dumbell curl 3x5 (60 pounds)

arnold dumbell press 5x5 (75 pounds)
    Bent over rear delt raise 5x5 (55 pounds)
    cuban press 5x5 (75 pounds)

bench press 5x5 (240 pounds)
    Decline Dumbbell Flyes 5x5 (90 pounds)
    Dumbbell Bench Press 5x5 (70 pounds)

Decline Dumbbell Tricep Extension 5x5 (65 pounds)
    Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extension 5x5 (75 pounds)
    Seated Triceps Press 5x5 (75 pounds)

basically this is what it looks like and 5x5 is like 5 sets of 5 reps, as far as diet goes im taking in a bout 4800 calories a day about 3500 comes from food and the rest from weight gainers... and the supplement side is basically the usuall protein shakes, wieght gainers, creatine, glutamine, etc...
    Last edited by GHO5T; 10-26-2005 at 09:33 PM.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T

basically this is what it looks like and 5x5 is like 5 sets of 5 reps, as far as diet goes im taking in a bout 4800 calories a day about 3500 comes from food and the rest from weight gainers... and the supplement side is basically the usuall protein shakes, wieght gainers, creatine, glutamine, etc...
    Well you definitly need to switch it up. those numbers those are max right? Your not doing the same weight every set for 5 reps. Change the rep scheme and exercises up every 3-4 weeks. 6-15 reps is what I like to dabble with. Look at swolecats sticky on bulking and youll get a good idea about whats going on

not really bro thats basically what i lift every rep... its kinda hard to explain but thats the only way that my muscles will actually grow, by grow i mean you can see gains visually in week or so... when i first started lifting i used the 8 to 10 rep range and i saw gains but as carried on i wasnt seeing the same results... so i switched to this routine..

but thanks bro for the info, ill definetly switch my workouts and see what i can do for the reps too, and ill def take a look at swolecats bulking routine..

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T

Your biceps seem to be really strong and your flyes have a lot of weight. So why is your bench press lagging? Im just curious.

well im taking it kind of easy on bench right now... about two weeks ago i was benching and i was on my last rep when i went up, my right peck just froze up and i felt a shooting pain go thru my right arm and this casued my right arm to just give way luckily i had a spotter there as the weights just dropped to one side...

weirdest feeling ive ever had bro and the first also, it was like gettin a cramp in one of your pecks, the doc told me i had a tear in my peck and i should stay off lifting ne weights that involves chest excersises for about 3-4 weeks... but instead of that i just bumped all the weights down for my chest and since then the pain has decreased and hoping to get to 100% in bout week or so...
    Last edited by GHO5T; 10-26-2005 at 10:19 PM.

Thread Information