RageControl is offline Senior Member

Unhappy fell at bottom of deep squat today

well today i was squating and doing my usuall depth (legs parallel to ground). Well first let me mention im just fully recovered from a lower back muscle injury and finally starting to get back up in weight. Well anyways im under 315pnds going lil deeper then normal and felt real good so i decide to got up to 345 pounds. I felt really good on first 3 reps but on the forth soon as i broke 90 degrees my legs gave and i had to drop the bar. i walked away fine but **** that never happend before. What should i do i felt super strong and all of a sudden nothing. I wanna go back and try again next week but im nervous. any advice bros?
    Last edited by RageControl; 11-27-2003 at 11:11 PM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    Squat in a power rack so the bar catches if it falls. I remember free squatting outside a rack with 600lbs and on the 2nd rep my legs gave way when i went a little below parrelel. I jacked up my back big time.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    ya get back on the horse.. I ALWAYS use a powercage.. even when warming up.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Squat in a power rack so the bar catches if it falls. I remember free squatting outside a rack with 600lbs and on the 2nd rep my legs gave way when i went a little below parrelel. I jacked up my back big time.

There's a cool machine that I've seen popping up at a few gyms. Its a squat rack with a bar suspended in the middle from cords. When you put your hands on the sensors and push up, it releases the bar. The second you let go of the bar, it stops in mid air. The the friction is not noticible--it's smooth (not like the friction you feel with a Smith machine--no twisting the bar to lock/unlock and no restriction to movement). It's a great machine for just about any exercise. You can throw a bench in there for various bench and pressing motions, you can definitely do curls, rows, good mornings, deadlift variations AND (of course) squats.

The great thing, is if you fail during a rep, you can let go of the bar, or just raise your fingers off the bar and it stops--no embarassing clanging or broken mirrors.

Maybe you can get your gym to get one. If I ever get a home gym, that is absolutely the FIRST piece of equipment I'll buy. The second will be a variable, portable bench.

The only other things I can suggest is to increase your weight in smaller increments, and to use the squat cage with safety bars set as close to the bottom of your parallel squat as possible. That's obviously elementary. Anyway, as long as you are increasing the weight you're going to grow.

I know I'm very careful when increasing weight on squats because its one of the exercises which people increase too quickly when using AS and end up doing irreparable damage--once your knees are gone, THEY ARE GONE. Since your back has already been injured, you might want to take it real easy on your knees.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-28-2003 at 03:15 PM.

bask8kace.. put up a link to that machine or give the name up... I wanna see that!!! sounds sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    bask8kace.. put up a link to that machine or give the name up... I wanna see that!!! sounds sweet!

I'm shocked that more gyms don't have it. It is an amazing, versatile piece of equipment--could do full workouts on it. It works with the traditional gym barbell plates.

I don't remember the name of it. I'll try to find it. If I cant find it tonight, then tomorrow afternoon I'll call one of the gyms that I know has it and I'll post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    I'm shocked that more gyms don't have it. It is an amazing, versatile piece of equipment--could do full workouts on it. It works with the traditional gym barbell plates.

I don't remember the name of it. I'll try to find it. If I cant find it tonight, then tomorrow afternoon I'll call one of the gyms that I know has it and I'll post it here.
    sweet... but remember im in MT.. so IM still squats cows and ****...

sweet... but remember im in MT.. so IM still squats cows and ****...

LOL I'm sure they can make an attachement for livestock, bro.

Anyway, once I find the machine, you'll be squattin' cows in no time.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-28-2003 at 12:40 AM.

BDTR is offline Retired
    If you find it... post it cus i want one at any cost when i start to put together my new home gym when i buy this house ive been looking at.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    using a crate or a bench if you're tall enough under you while you squat will give you a reference point to know when you've hit parallel, also, it you want to strengthen your squat in the bottom position, set up the rack so you can start from the bottom, then practice doing pause reps, start light so you get used to it, then you can work your way up to your top weight, works great and builds your confidence in the lift

The name of the company is ProSpot Fitness. The peice of equipment is the PC3000 (from the commercial line). They have home and commercial lines.

The PC3000 runs $2,995. I think that's a great price for a piece of equipment that can be used for just about every exercise you need to do to grow. You definitely can do all the core exercises with it.

The pics on the site make the machine look small, it's a bit longer and wider than a true power rack--so you have LOTS of room to move the bar.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.prospotfitness.com/pages/pc3000.html

Here are two pics of it below (click on pics for larger version):
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 11-28-2003 at 03:10 PM.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    that thing is BAD ASS!! i might have to get one, one day

-MS

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    I guess I can't use it for "heavy" squat day... The cables are only rated to 2000 lbs.

That thing rocks. A must have for the home gym when I have the cash.

angelripper is offline Associate Member
    maybe if you change foot position you wont lose balance at bottom

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    well today i was squating and doing my usuall depth (legs parallel to ground). Well first let me mention im just fully recovered from a lower back muscle injury and finally starting to get back up in weight. Well anyways im under 315pnds going lil deeper then normal and felt real good so i decide to got up to 345 pounds. I felt really good on first 3 reps but on the forth soon as i broke 90 degrees my legs gave and i had to drop the bar. i walked away fine but **** that never happend before. What should i do i felt super strong and all of a sudden nothing. I wanna go back and try again next week but im nervous. any advice bros?
    I give you respect for squating deep...
    No one does that anymore.

chest6 is offline Banned
    ar..why are we bumping 2 year old threads?

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ar..why are we bumping 2 year old threads?
    Or giving BDTR, bigol'legs and BASK8KACE advice on where to place their feet during squat.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    his this is the thread speaking......Let me die and go back to the archives where i've layed for 2 YEARS!!!!

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    his this is the thread speaking......Let me die and go back to the archives where i've layed for 2 YEARS!!!!
    Check out the dude that woke you up! Kind of wonder why someone would think that is a atavar for a BB forum.

He must be a real babe-magnet.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    AR's been doing it all week...bumping old threads

SMYL_GR8 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Check out the dude that woke you up! Kind of wonder why someone would think that is a atavar for a BB forum.

He must be a real babe-magnet.
    He's the same douchebag that started a thread just to say "If you do curls in a squat rack, you're a pussy!" Ah, I love not being a moron!

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    Hey AR I do curls bench press shoulder press shrugs deadlifts in the squat rack and if you or someone that goes to my gym doesnt like it you can suck my dick while I bitch slap your stupid ass around.

Thread Information