Thread: help with chest

paratrooper81 is offline New Member

help with chest

hi
    im on the usual sus decca n dbol oh and started 4iu GH (ansomone) 8 weeks ago, Im getting the gains to be expected off the gear but still waiting for the growth to kick in,
    all over im growing well but not my chest, im benching 130+ kg but i think somehow the strength is coming from my arms as they are growing,
    Can anyone help my poor little chest

J.S.N. is offline Anabolic Member
    well can you descibe your form?

like how far apart are your hand, where you you bring the bar on your torso, do you bounce the weight, are your elbows tucked in or flared out, and anything else you can think of.

if you are looking to add mass more than anything, you may want to consider starting with incline presses, the flat bench, and weighted dips with your torso titled forward. also remember that the weight you are doing is really good, a ton better than the average bear for sure, but the pro bbers you see and people like that are using nearly twice that weight for relative high rep sets, so you may need to get even stronger before you can really grow.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    On workouts, the further away your hands are from your body, the more inner body will be worked.... So if you do close grip bench, then your arms will be worked the most... so wider grip on bench or or pullups will do inner body...the core!!!

As for chest.... Try butterflies, or inc or dec press with your hands further apart... cable crossovers.... ya know..

I personally do bench with a wider grip, then do butterflies with cables sometimes for chest. And i gotta tell ya, i got some pretty big manboobs... not bish tits
    (i sometimes over exaggerate my movements.- and i have my pecks flexed when im working them)

my grip is wide (well over shoulder width) i bring the bar down to my lower chest

normall chest day would be
    flat bench 60kg 1 x 20 reps 120-130 kg 6 reps max x3
    inclined 60kg 1 x 20 reps 90kg 6 reps x 3
    repeat decline
    flys x 3
    pec dec x3

iv been reading all the chest articles i can, and it seems all the sugestions for a chest day are less than what im doing, Could it be im doing to much?

Also i have never realy had a big change on chest exercise, im thinking if i give a complete shock to my chest it might get its arse in gear

any ideas/info ill take them ALL on board

thanks for your help

max2extreme is offline Anabolic Member
    6 is my minimum...if i do 6 then i stay at that weight...if i cant do 6, then i drop weight. if i do more than 8, i up the weight. 3 sets as well. doesnt seem like you are doing anything wrong in what you wrote really. though i dont know why you do a 20 rep set before... perhaps your first set first exercise but not all the way thru your workout..but whatever works (though seems like its not? *smile*) are you using bar or db? Perhaps try going a month or 2 with whatever you arent doing. try slower movements. gl

i use a light wieght first like u said, its the first excercise, you know get the blood flowing before i take my shirt off lol, i do few reps slow then speed up n slow down just to warm up,
    I use bar on flat sometimes db on incline
    maybe its in my gens to have a sconny chest, pissed the big fela upstairs off in a prevous life

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by J.S.N.
    the pro bbers you see and people like that are using nearly twice that weight (130+kg) for relative high rep sets
    Approx. 575lbs for high reps?!??! Thats BS

para, you are benching almost 300lbs which is beyond most people at the gym unless we are talking serious lifters. Honestly, who can do 330+ for reps (150kg) ??!? Not a huge number I'm sure...

Your routine is fine, except maybe drop the pec dec unless you feel it adds to your chest. Yes its your genetics, because if you have gotten that strong and yet still your chest is behind, that is saying something. Your chest is still doing most of the work so don't underestimate your routine. Unfortunately that is just the way you are, but keep trying
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-30-2005 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Approx. 575lbs for high reps?!??! Thats BS
    more like 500 for 6-10. btw the key word is nearly you jackass.

neways i would drop the fly type shit and decline and focus on building as big of a flat bench press as possible, then do your incline presses, then do weighted dips.

those 3 are the bread and better compound exercizes that'll make your chest grow or nothing will. if you wanna do decline, i would trade it off with flat bench every 2nd or 3rd time in the gym. some people feel it's a safer movement than flat bench and it allows you to handle more weight as well.
    Last edited by J.S.N.; 10-30-2005 at 11:24 AM.

more like 500 for 6-10. btw the key word is nearly you jackass.

neways i would drop the fly type shit and decline and focus on building as big of a flat bench press as possible, then do your incline presses, then do weighted dips.

those 3 are the bread and better compound exercizes that'll make your chest grow or nothing will. if you wanna do decline, i would trade it off with flat bench every 2nd or 3rd time in the gym. some people feel it's a safer movement than flat bench and it allows you to handle more weight as well.

never don weighted dips, maybay thats what my chest has been waiting on lol, ill give anything a go

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    I've done weighted dips with 3 45 lb plates on my lap, then dip...
    as for chest AGAIN i say try some burnouts. Go until you cant do anymore, then do some more!

Maybe try pinching your nipples before each set too!

Flexor is offline Banned
    more like 500 for 6-10. btw the key word is nearly you jackass
    The problem with nearly, jackass, is that the difference between 575 for 15 and 500 for 6 is 200lbs at 6 reps, approximately

wow that made about as much sense as the platypus but whatever.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    LMFAO @ platypus.....

Thread Information