ruffrydadd is offline Junior Member

Bowflex/Bulking cycle....Questions

I am currently cycling (bulking cycle) and i am wondering if using the bowflex as my primary training apparatus will give me the mass building results i am looking to get. I want to gain between 20 and 30 pounds.
    Cycle: Sust 1000mg/wk, Deca 800mg/wk, Tren 150mg/EOD.

I am currently using the Bowflex and I am seeing results, but not weight on the scale. I am building lean muscle and becoming much more defined. I want to gain more a lot more mass. Should I continue working out on the Bowflex, use free-weights, or do both? Any other suggestions are appreciated.

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    how many cycles have u done...thats quite alot of gear at ur age. but to answer ur question i would say no, freeweights and some machine are the way to go...

Flexor is offline Banned
    All that gear at our age just isn't necessary to gain 20-30 lbs. You could do that naturally in under 2 yrs and you would have high quality muscle that would stay with you for life.

See, in lucabratzi's profile he says hes waiting until 21 to cycle, and thats a really good idea.

Whats your current stats ruffrydadd?
    Last edited by Flexor; 10-31-2005 at 04:38 PM.

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, first off there is no way in hell you should be touching gear.. The dosage on that cycle are blowing my mind for your age.. and you use a bow flex???... am i the only one that has a problem with this 19 year old kid running 1000mgs of sus and 800mgs of deca and tren !?!?!?! and the fact that he works out on a freakin bow flex... someone please back me up

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheBuckeT21
    Okay, first off there is no way in hell you should be touching gear.. The dosage on that cycle are blowing my mind for your age.. and you use a bow flex???... am i the only one that has a problem with this 19 year old kid running 1000mgs of sus and 800mgs of deca and tren!?!?!?! and the fact that he works out on a freakin bow flex... someone please back me up
    I will, and I agree with you. Being that age myself, the idea scares me

to be honest even if i was like 29 had trained natural for 8 years and then had 5 cycles under my belt i still wouldn't use a cycle like that... in my opinion there is just no need for it at all.. I could gain 20-30lbs with a 12 week cycle of test e 600mgs deca 400mgs and dbol 40mgs as long as i really paid attention to what i was eating... Your cycle is freakin retarted for you man i'm sorry. I don't know who set you up with that, but i just imagine you getting the worst sides ever.. Like sure you'll gain your 20lbs but u'll also gain a set of nice tits, horrible acne, some bald spots, and a penis that wouldn't work even if your dream girl was sitting on your face.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Hes going to mess himself up. Heart probs and crap with all that.
    I've said it once, and i'll say it before, " THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE FOR TIME" Be patient. I've never done a cycle, i have juice, and im waiting until i feel its "WHEN" to use it.

Don't let your greed for power and impatience get the better of you. You'll end up ruining your body. YOU'LL DO MORE HARM THAN GOOD.
    He obviously hasn't been doing any research.

I believe the best way to lift is with free weights. HOWEVER, using the bowflex with a proper diet, rep scheme, and training tricks will bring you size. All building size is stimulating one of the two types of fibers that responds to heavier weight and less repetitions. Advantages of free weights to this is its benefits to stabilizer muscles.

chest6 is offline Banned
    why r u running deca and tren in the same cycle and such high dosages for all..do you know what ur doing?

Thanks for the replies. I told my freind to post any questions he had on here, and he did. I am going to make him read this tommarow.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydadd
    Thanks for the replies. I told my freind to post any questions he had on here, and he did. I am going to make him read this tommarow.
    you can't get any good leg work in using a bowflex......

bowflex is good for 1 thing however....it makes a GREAT coat rack!!!

znak is offline Senior Member
    I am currently cycling (bulking cycle) and i am wondering if using the bowflex as my primary training apparatus will give me the mass building results i am looking to get. I want to gain between 20 and 30 pounds.
    Cycle: Sust 1000mg/wk, Deca 800mg/wk, Tren 150mg/EOD.

I am currently using the Bowflex and I am seeing results, but not weight on the scale. I am building lean muscle and becoming much more defined. I want to gain more a lot more mass. Should I continue working out on the Bowflex, use free-weights, or do both? Any other suggestions are appreciated.
    The only way that you are going to get 20-30 pounds using a bowflex is using the machine itself for military presses, but it really annoying cause the wands keep slapping you in the face.

On a more serious note: I am speechless. Your cycle is absolutely insane for your age. If you have a sincere desire to never have normal, unassisted sex again, you are on the right path.

Anyone even considering using a gram of test a week should laugh when people use words bowflex and gear in the same sentence.

Holy shit.

Flexor is offline Banned

Thumbs down

Znak or ToTheBuckeT21...a couple of questions for either of you with regards to your comments...

Quote Originally Posted by znak
    Your cycle is absolutely insane for your age. If you have a sincere desire to never have normal, unassisted sex again, you are on the right path
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheBuckeT21
    Like sure you'll gain your 20lbs but u'll also gain a set of nice tits, horrible acne, some bald spots, and a penis that wouldn't work even if your dream girl was sitting on your face.
    Would these things happen because excess test is converted into oestrogen? Obviously there is the problem when coming off the cycle when your body doesn't produce its own test, but there is a chemical that can remedy this is there not?

One last thing, I only ask purely out of curosity...

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Znak or ToTheBuckeT21...a couple of questions for either of you with regards to your comments...

Would these things happen because excess test is converted into oestrogen? Obviously there is the problem when coming off the cycle when your body doesn't produce its own test, but there is a chemical that can remedy this is there not?

One last thing, I only ask purely out of curosity...
    To put it simply, the problem is that at 19 years old, you body is adjusting your endocrine system. Your natural test levels are actually fluctuating significantly. Your endocrine system as we remember from school is based on feed back loops. You are telling your body in a period of adjustment that it is making a ton of test, when it is actually making very little. It will adjust and stop making natty test. You go into PCT and your body starts producing the test it based lined while you were on cycle, i.e. virtually none.

Your test levels at 19 are already massively anabolic . Re-setting your test levels when they are already excellent, is a dangerous, not very intelligent, thing to do.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    To put it simply, the problem is that at 19 years old, you body is adjusting your endocrine system. Your natural test levels are actually fluctuating significantly. Your endocrine system as we remember from school is based on feed back loops. You are telling your body in a period of adjustment that it is making a ton of test, when it is actually making very little. It will adjust and stop making natty test. You go into PCT and your body starts producing the test it based lined while you were on cycle, i.e. virtually none.

Your test levels at 19 are already massively anabolic. Re-setting your test levels when they are already excellent, is a dangerous, not very intelligent, thing to do.
    Ah yes, the old negative feedback mechanism. Cheers for explaining it

Motion is offline Associate Member
    That word doesn't get a very good reception on this board.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    bowflex?
    no-flex

chest6 is offline Banned
    what r u guys talking about i workout on the boxflex exclusively and I have lost 50 lbs in 4 weeks on the plan.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    what r u guys talking about i workout on the boxflex exclusively and I have lost 50 lbs in 4 weeks on the plan.
    what is this bowflex contraption? Some kind of machine that uses elastics?

No, not elastics, its like resistance training poles. I dont know what bowflex calls them exactly. But Thanks for the replies about the cycle. I dont think my freind explained how he was taking his cycle the right way thats why you all got so crazy about his cycle. He is taking like half that cycle, but posted that for some reason. But back to the Bowflex. Have any of you actually ever gave the Bowflex a chance or do you just jump on the negative remark bandwagon about it? Becuase honestly, Ive been working out exclusively on the Bowflex for the past 2 months, and before that i spent years in the gym and i have not made as much progress in a 2 month period ever in my life. I am completely natural, i dont take any form of steroid , I never have. So I dont understand why most of you give it such low credibility. But I guess the original question was for my freind, who is juicing, when he asked should he continue to work out on the bowflex, hit the gym, or do both while he is on his cycle?

Motion is offline Associate Member
    "Power Rods"

Flexor is offline Banned
    But I guess the original question was for my freind, who is juicing, when he asked should he continue to work out on the bowflex, hit the gym, or do both while he is on his cycle?
    I thought it was you that was taking the roids are you sure it wasn't you, and you're just saying its for a friend because of the acerbic responses about roids at a young age? Anyway, doesn't matter.

With regards to the question, I'd say hit the free weights at the gym to take advantage of the test, and do some boxflex as well since he seems to like it. I think free weights are essential, and perhaps some machines and the bowflex.

No, this post was for my freind. Im not scared to say if things are for me, thats why I made that post about Anavar . I am thinking of taking Anavar. My freind is 20. I am 19 though. (I know it doesnt make a difference). I am just going to make him start his own account since it gets so confusing when people let freinds use their account for questions. But thats how I started on here, so Im not going to be a hypocrit. But I appreciate the responses. I personally will continue to work out on the Bowflex, and my freind has decided to work out on the Bowflex and go to the gym now.

Ive been working out exclusively on the Bowflex for the past 2 months, and before that i spent years in the gym and i have not made as much progress in a 2 month period ever in my life
    I am 19 though
    You're 19. You've spent 'o so many years' previously in the gym...and only just started make progress recently now that you're using the bowflex

Here's my proposal. Accept as a bunch of hypotheses.

1. Your previous years your were going tru the standard pubertal growth spurt...where you may've made gains in weight but they weren't out-standing because you were simultaneously making gains in height/bone-mass.

2. Your bowflex workout is a lot shorter now than you previous sessions...so you're not over-training...which is a contrast to what you were possibly doing before..as a young gungho weight-training enthusiast

3. You're training strictly for the first time since you started...as the bowflex doens't allow from much, if any, cheating...so for the first time in your training,you're actually overloading your target muscles.

4. some other variable changed ...when you compare what you're doing now (i.e. diet etc.), some variable's improved.

5. maybe you were just impatient.

Could be a myriad of reasons...i do however doubt that you'll be able to continue 'progressing' as you are right now after a couple months more.

I would advise your 'friend'..to join a gym and lose the bowflex.

Secondly...if he has no real muscular foundation he shouldn't be juicing.

Thirdly: he has no training knowledge (the bowflex question is a give-away); he's only 20; and he doesn't have the muscular foundation...juicing is out of the question...at least it should be

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    Heavy compound movements (deadlifts, squats, military press, bench press etc.) build mass.........NOT POWER RODS

Flexor is offline Banned
    Narkissos, the level of thought you put into your posts is outstanding. You're an asset to the board. Nice training journal btw

Thanks for the comment Flexor.

I was trying to send you a PM...you don't have the PM function enabled?

Flexor is offline Banned
    I'll enable it now. Done

Ok Nark, are you here to educate or be a smart ass with your replies? I asked a question for someone, just answer it with positive critisism, thats what this place is about. You obviously know alot more than me in this area, Im just trying to learn about all this stuff, thats why Im here. If I cant ask questions, even if they are "dumb" questions how am I supposed to learn? And Ive been heavy into sports my whole life, so yes ive been working out since I was 14 or 15, now im 19. 4 years is a decent amount of time. I never said i made no progress in the gym. I did make progress in the gym. I just made MORE progress on a bowflex within a 2 month period than i have ever made in a gym over the span of 2 months. Maybe its becuase my body was "shocked" from me starting a completely new workout. Maybe it was becuase of the variety of reasons you suggested. But nevertheless, I have made a lot of positive progress on tha Bowflex. I do appreciate your reply, I just prefer positive critisism over making the person who asked the question feel like an idiot. And by the way, you said my freind doesnt have the muscular foundation but he is your size. (if that is you in your pictures, which i assume that is you). So he does have the foundation but I completely agree with all of you about the age issue. The Only "steroid " supplement I personally have considered taking is Anavar which I want to learn more about before I make the decision on whether or not I want to take it. Anyways, Thanks for the replies everyone. It was helpful.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    And by the way, you said my freind doesnt have the muscular foundation but he is your size
    Nark was right by saying this.....two people can be the exact same height/weight with one having a ripped solid base and the other being a tub of crap. Im not sayin your "friend" is a tub, just that everyones different and i somehow doubt he is as developed as nark.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    [QUOTE=ruffrydadd]I am currently cycling (bulking cycle) and i am wondering if using the bowflex as my primary training apparatus will give me the mass building results i am looking to get. I want to gain between 20 and 30 pounds.

ok, that would be a big **** no

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    ok, that would be a big **** no

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    Nark was right by saying this.....two people can be the exact same height/weight with one having a ripped solid base and the other being a tub of crap. Im not sayin your "friend" is a tub, just that everyones different and i somehow doubt he is as developed as nark.
    Exactly. Just look at that back development and volume!! Plus check all his bodybuilding competitions on his profile screen
    Last edited by Flexor; 11-03-2005 at 04:07 PM.

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    Even a 500mg of sust and the rest is way to much. It does not matter what his current size is. If he is blessed with a perfect body, he should not be juicing only 20 and all that mass? Great!

If he realy needs to use roids at that age, use something mild that does not effect the personal test production. (and yes, I'm talking about orals, Anavar for strength, and his own test levels should do the rest. If you need to increase, try some Andriol fairly safe also.) (allthough, you need to take about 10 per day, and even then the results differ from person to person)

I dont doubt Nark's credibility, trust me. Im just saying by the looks of his picture they LOOK about the same. Im not trying to start any arguments in here. I appreciate the replies. If my freind wants to go do what he's doing he is going to do it anyways. No one will stop him. Its his own life. All he really wanted to know was your opinions on the bowflex. and he got those haha. I think I am going to look into Anavar for myself though. I am still researching it, and talking to people I know who have had personal experience with it. Anyways, thanx again for all the replies.

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    cant we all just get along

Ok Nark, are you here to educate or be a smart ass with your replies?
    Neither..i'm here to share my experience...in the hopes that i'll help someone.

I asked a question for someone, just answer it with positive critisism, thats what this place is about. You obviously know alot more than me in this area, Im just trying to learn about all this stuff, thats why Im here. If I cant ask questions, even if they are "dumb" questions how am I supposed to learn?
    No one says you can't ask a question...futhermore: Your question was answered many times over. You weren't negatively criticised. You were given a series of well-thought out hypotheses...and opinionated statements. You were/are left to draw your own inferences.

And Ive been heavy into sports my whole life, so yes ive been working out since I was 14 or 15, now im 19. 4 years is a decent amount of time. I never said i made no progress in the gym. I did make progress in the gym. I just made MORE progress on a bowflex within a 2 month period than i have ever made in a gym over the span of 2 months. Maybe its becuase my body was "shocked" from me starting a completely new workout. Maybe it was becuase of the variety of reasons you suggested. But nevertheless, I have made a lot of positive progress on tha Bowflex. I do appreciate your reply, I just prefer positive critisism over making the person who asked the question feel like an idiot.
    I'll leave that alone...

And by the way, you said my freind doesnt have the muscular foundation but he is your size. (if that is you in your pictures, which i assume that is you). So he does have the foundation but I completely agree with all of you about the age issue.
    Not touching this either....

I wish you and your friend good luck

~Narkissos

Ok, Now I have my own question. What do you all think about an Anavar only cycle? And If I did do an Anavar only cycle, what would be a good mg per day dosage and how many weeks should I cycle it? Just so you all know, It would be my first cycle of anything.

first i hate this thread... and i've heard anavar only is a waste of money.. for better results run it along side of test

Thread Information