Thread: Body Parts

magico is offline Junior Member

Body Parts

Hi

I was wondering if someone can clarify The workout splits for me,I have been reading and everyone has their own philosophy.

MON_Legs, Shoulders
    TESD-Biceps, Chest
    WED-Back,Triceps
    THURS-REST
    FRIFDAY-Srart over
    or

MON-Legs, Shoulders
    TESD-Biceps, back
    WED-chest,Triceps
    THURS-REST
    FRIFDAY-Srart over
    or

Do one bodypart each day

For a beginner What is the best rootine

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    we need to know what your goals are to be able to help you. are you trying to bulk, tone, get lean, lose a ton of weight or what?

I am trying to increase Musclemass and lean out a bit.How does that effect the way you work out,I know rep range has to do with wether you want to tone or gain Musce mass.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magico
    I am trying to increase Musclemass and lean out a bit.How does that effect the way you work out,I know rep range has to do with wether you want to tone or gain Musce mass.
    I would do the second split that way you are working your supporting muscles bi-back. tri-chest on the same day. I would add a fourth day and do shoulders/abs on one day and legs alone on another.

When you are beginning, it is possible to increase mass and lean out. You will lean out because you are burning additional calories and you add mass because you are working out.

At this point, you should concentrate on form and doing your core/compound exercises correctly. You don't need anything fancy, just do four sets of ten for each excerise. On the nineth and tenth reps of the third and fourth sets, you should be having a little problem pushing the weight (you shouldn't turn into a fish and be flopping all over the place, but it should be hard.)

Reps, in and of themselves, do not cut or bulk. It is pure BS that 12-15 reps is for cutting and 2-6 is for bulking. If you want to cut (lose fat) increase your cardio and watch your diet. If you want to gain mass, increase your intensity (weight/time) and add clean calories to you diet. To gain mass, you however must increase the loads your muscles are handling. See paragraph 3 above. If reps 9 and 10 are easy, add weight.

You should be doing: flat bench, military press, dips (weighted if possible), pull ups (weighted if possible), dead lifts, and squats. Add any other execises you want to fill out the rest of you work out, but you must do all six of these exercises every week.

Thus you have:

MON-Legs,
    Tuesday-Biceps, back
    WED-chest,Triceps
    THURS-REST
    FRIDAY-Shoulders
    Sat- Rest
    Sun-rest

Work out religiously. Make sure you get to the gym.

This Is a great post That is what I was looking For.

Thank you!!!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magico
    I know rep range has to do with wether you want to tone or gain Musce mass.
    If you know that then you know nothing, nah just joking

Good post znak

Here are two other pointers

1.) Don't even bother with machines or cables, you want to build bulk in all your surroundings muscles so you need the core/compound free weight exercises first and foremost.

2.) I'd personally swap the days to

MON-Legs,
    Tuesday-Chest, triceps
    WED-Rest
    THURS-Biceps, back
    FRIDAY-Shoulders
    Sat- Rest
    Sun-Rest

That way you cut out overtraining by doing squats on monday and thursday instead of back to back. Also shoulders is far enough from chest, for the same reason.
    Last edited by Flexor; 11-02-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Thread Information