24labor is offline Anabolic Member

Narkissos training splits

Whats up everyone I talked with Nark about some training split and he gave me a few that were very interestng and I felt I would share them with everyone since he took the time to write out these. Here are a few of the splits he gave to me(this is the original message)

Hey Nark I hope you don't mind me PMing you but I like they way you have your split set up. I was reading a thread where you told someone to follow something like this
    chest/bis
    legs
    off
    shoulder/tris
    back
    I like that split in fact it looks just like my old one but I have been looking for something new I was curious about:

Arms
    Legs
    off
    chest,front/side delts
    back/rear delts

I'm not sure if 2 days would be enough time for the tris to recover as to not overtrain and for the last 2 days I wasn't sure if two in a row of shoulder oriented movements was a good thing or not. What do you think any suggestions?

Nark: This split you're proposing...I like the merit of it but not the arrangement. From it i assume you're trying to arm/shoulder size... by splitting the workload of shoulders over two days...and giving arms their own day. Am i right?

If that's the case..i think arm should be last in the week. I think the first day in the training session should be for the most lagging major body part... Your arms aren't a major bodypart...

If you believe that:

¤Arms are lagging and
    ¤They'd benefit from training after a rest day...

Then place them last in the training cycle...but place a rest day right before them so you'll be stronger on arm day.

I should note that i'm a fan of training legs first as even in myself, my legs being my best bodypart, legs can never be too good...and hard leg-training results in overall muscle growth. So bear with my bias

Example

Monday: Quads; Hams; Calves

Tuedays: Chest; Medial and Anterior Delts

Wednesday: Rest

Thursday: Back; Traps; Posterior Delts

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Bicep; Triceps; Forearms

Sunday: Rest

The main prob i'd have with this split would be that one day may or may not be enough rest for you between chest and back...It may result in sore shoulders on back day...Not knowing more about you i'm forced to speculate. It could be an effective split tho. Another option would be

Example 2

Wednesday: Rest; mild cardio (optional)

Thursday: Rest; mild cardio (optional)

Friday: Back; Traps; Posterior Delts

Saturday: Bicep; Triceps; Forearms

This could be an effective split also...tho, noting that bicep is trained the day after back, your bicep may be sore on arm day.

Here's another split

Wednesday: Rest; mild cardio (optional)

Thursday: Bicep; Triceps; Forearms

Friday: Rest; mild cardio (optional)

Saturday: Back; Traps; Posterior Delts

This could be the best split..it'd depend on some variables tho.. exercise selection on back/leg day. You may have to drop deadlifts on back day and do SLDLs (stiff-leg deadlifts) on leg day...so your hams and lower back aren't sore from leg day: sore due to Saturday's back workout.

Nark is the man so he knows what he is talking about If anyone else has some splits of their own post them up
    Last edited by 24labor; 11-03-2005 at 11:09 AM.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    ...nice...

Anyone reading...please note...the commentary below each split is my own critique of the splits i posted.

Um... 24labor could you add the original question to the thread?

So others with a similar questions can veiw it in relation to the suggestions made...

Thanks

~Corey

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    monday - chest, biceps, side delts
    thursday - back, traps, rear delts,triceps
    saturday - quads, calves, hams,

monday - chest tris
    wednesday - back traps biceps
    saturday - shoulders, legs
    Last edited by MASTER; 11-03-2005 at 12:55 PM.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC
    monday - chest, biceps, side delts
    thursday - back, traps, rear delts,triceps
    saturday - quads, calves, hams,

monday - chest tris
    wednesday - back traps biceps
    saturday - shoulders, legs
    Compact little splits right there! Seems like a very possible thing to do, I prefer number 2

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Compact little splits right there! Seems like a very possible thing to do, I prefer number 2
    Yeh the 2nd one was the first split i ever got into for a long period of time, it always worked for me, but for like the last year, ive tried many different splits. To be honest, its looking like im going to go back to it, because i havent found anything better, although i may go with the first one, because im looking to beef my arms up, and i feel that is probably the better split for that purpose.

Thread Information