ExitedNoob is offline Junior Member

how do i retain mass

My question pertains to my biceps. When I lift on arm days they swell up rather nicely, but then after 20 mins in the steam room and 30 min swimming (for cardio) they (to me) get really scrawny looking. How can I retain atleast some of the mass after my workout?
    thanks alot

Impitious is offline Junior Member
    I've heard that your muscles shrink for 24 hours after you work them because they are building back up...
    I dunno how true this is. Anyone have any info on this?

The only thing I could recommend is if you buy some kind of NO product like White Blood. A lot of people claim that these can help your pump stay for several hours. You could also look into a Creatine product which will help you appear larger and have more mass.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    The only way to keep your gains is to eat train and rest. Your body only grows outside of the gym not in even if you feel bigger. Acctually you are breaking down muscle fibers as you lift and with proper diet and rest you can grow so you will become bigger. Everyon wishes that they could be as big as they are in the gym but they can't. So if you want to have bigger arms then eat and rest.

NO2 products are yesterdays news, its your choice to use them but the main ingredient is arginine which helps with vasodilation in the blood allowing more nutrients and blood to stay in the muscle longer but I would just eat rest and grow

Yea, that's the common answer.

He's asking specifically for how to keep a pump. The only way that I could think of is NO. Although I've taken White Blood and the pumps go away after a couple hours of being out of the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Impitious
    Yea, that's the common answer.

He's asking specifically for how to keep a pump. The only way that I could think of is NO. Although I've taken White Blood and the pumps go away after a couple hours of being out of the gym.

Yea I took pump tech for a while. It did get my pump to last a little longer but in the long run I just bought food with the money I was sppending on that and have been gaining some pretty good weight. If you really wanted to have your own NO2 just supplement with pure arginine

I've taken pure arginine before and the pumps I was getting in the gym didn't compare at all to the White Blood that I am taking now.

I'm pretty much sold with White Blood.

thanks for both of your feedbacks,, what is this white blood ?

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    first off, your in the steam room for 20 minutes...thats ludicris.

and your doing 30minutes of cardio after anaerobic exercising....no good. separate them if you can.

you should be outta the gym asap and be downing a pwo to pump all the nutrients in there asap ...that should keep em pumped abit longer.

so, am cardio..then steam room

then your day
    then weights workout and pwo after that and then get humped then go to bed.

rinse....repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dally
    first off, your in the steam room for 20 minutes...thats ludicris.

and your doing 30minutes of cardio after anaerobic exercising....no good. separate them if you can.

you should be outta the gym asap and be downing a pwo to pump all the nutrients in there asap ...that should keep em pumped abit longer.

so, am cardio..then steam room

then your day
    then weights workout and pwo after that and then get humped then go to bed.

rinse....repeat.

hmm thanks Dally. Yea i guess it didnt make sense to do it like that.. The reason im in the steam room that long is to try to lost that little bit of belly i got... anyhow i usually go to the gym @ 6 in the morning till 730 b/c thats all i have time for. on the weekends (sat + sun) is when i go from 1pm-5. I know that sounds like a long time but thats when i actually get a chance to do my cardio since i have no time during the week. so yea im on a tight schedule due to work and when i come home the gym is closed. i do regret leaving GOLDS gym to go to this other workout center. Golds was 24/7 and i could go after work, but I didnt have a lifting partner, thats why i joined this other gym where my friend goes... Any workout plans you can help me with, with only getting to have about a hr and a half? Any help would be appreciated. thanks
    o and this might be stupid but i dont take any supllements at all. I usually just try to eat alot of tuna, but sometimes that doesnt work. so yea I know im going to hear alot of crit on this one, but go ahead. I take all advice seriously.
    THANKS

Thread Information