soldier21 is offline Junior Member

Does everyone Strech

How many of you actually sit there and strech for a full ten minutes prior to lifting? Or even after? How important is streching?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    not I.

Man my farts really are starting to smell bad.

As a matter of fat, I just had my fit test and my flexability sucked. I could only stretch 32cm

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier21
    How many of you actually sit there and strech for a full ten minutes prior to lifting? Or even after? How important is streching?
    There have been many studies on the subject stretching or not. Many cases show that raising the temp of the muscle is the best way to "warm-up". some scientists say that strectching leads to decreased strenght prior to training. Lately I have been just doing warm-up sets and stretching (mainly my legs) after the workout to increase flexability. Stretching after the muscle are warmed up is like warm clay its nice and soft and can be pulled with ease, kind of like muscles. As of now I do not stretch prior to workouts but a little after.

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    i do flexability training seperate from my workouts. i notice it helps with soreness issues. but i stretch a particular muscle group on different days depending on when i trained them. i.e. if i trained legs monday, i will spend 10 mins stretching (gently, so i dont pull anything) on wednesday night before bed. chest +tris trained tuesday...then strech them on thurs...etc.

works for me, i seem to be fairly flexable and the morning after i stretch i dont feel as tight (my muscles, that is )

NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member
    I stretch the muscle I am working on in-between sets.

Ha thanks for your advice I need to try something out because Im so not flexible and always sore. I feel like I need to be lubbed up all the time you know. Sounds like a great idea though. I feel at times that because I dont strecth often Im missing out on the full potential of growth. I just never get around to it because it does take up about 10 to 15 minutes you know. But I need to get my butt in gear and doing it.

That was for xtinaunasty but thanks for the advice erndog I know what you mean I do that often but I dont really sit there and fully stretch it out. Its almost like a quick strech to get the bllod floowing a little bit better for me.

NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier21
    That was for xtinaunasty but thanks for the advice erndog I know what you mean I do that often but I dont really sit there and fully stretch it out. Its almost like a quick strech to get the bllod floowing a little bit better for me.
    I knew who you were thanking, my post just got there a little quicker than yours, xtinaunasty has a great stretch routine worked out for dealing with sore muscles to ease the pain as well as speed recovery, everyone should practice this!!!!

xtinaunasty is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by erndog
    I knew who you were thanking, my post just got there a little quicker than yours, xtinaunasty has a great stretch routine worked out for dealing with sore muscles to ease the pain as well as speed recovery, everyone should practice this!!!!
    thanks it definitely works for me

ThePump is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtinaunasty
    i dont feel as tight (my muscles, that is )

lol

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    There have been many studies on the subject stretching or not. Many cases show that raising the temp of the muscle is the best way to "warm-up". some scientists say that strectching leads to decreased strenght prior to training. Lately I have been just doing warm-up sets and stretching (mainly my legs) after the workout to increase flexability. Stretching after the muscle are warmed up is like warm clay its nice and soft and can be pulled with ease, kind of like muscles. As of now I do not stretch prior to workouts but a little after.
    Yup...

I built my foundation with lots of stretching and if anything it has helped me keep some sort of agility and a heavy body weight. But over the last year or so I have been using cardio to get warmed up and then incorporating light sets for the target muscle - to further warm the area and prepare connective tissue. Sometimes I do some light flyes in between heavy benches as I find it helps keep my delt area warm.

But the recent studies suggest stretching prior to heavy sets can decrease strength output - and it's better to stretch post workout.

Yes, I stretch for five mins in the morning (all muscles everytime I stretch) 10 mins before working out, between sets (usually everyother to conserve time,) after the workouts for 5 mins and finally 5 mins before bed. It's been helping alot and I don't get at sore or cramped up.

transform is offline Associate Member
    i never stretch. i figure i get loosened up enough or whatever before a workout because i have to walk over to the gym, and i have to walk home after which takes nearly an hour altogether! i get very little cramps or muscle soreness, but nothing i cant stand

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I stretch between sets and at the end of my workout.

I believe it's Parillo that proposed that this type of active stretching induced/encouraged muscle growth tru the stretching of the fascia.

I'm not sure tho... i could've read it somewhere else.

But it's what i do.

Squatman51 is offline Senior Member
    i usually do a few warm up sets and other things with light weights to get my body ready to go

Thread Information