Thread: 3 Questions

trek4 is offline New Member

Question 3 Questions

1. What is everyone's opinion on alternating exercises during rest periods?
    For example, if working out back/bi's, would it be wise to do cable rows and then do a bicep exercise inbetween each row exercise?

2. When I do upright rows, no matter what type of bar I use, my elbows always seem to pop. They don't hurt, but it just doesn't sound right. Any tips?

3. I'm in the middle of developing a new workout schedule. Do I want to strictly adhere to that shcedule for a few months and then change exercises, or should I alternate exercises every week or what?

Thanks, I'm going to post my workout when I'm done with it for everyone to critique, but these are questions i needed to answer before finishing it.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trek4
    1. What is everyone's opinion on alternating exercises during rest periods?
    For example, if working out back/bi's, would it be wise to do cable rows and then do a bicep exercise inbetween each row exercise?

2. When I do upright rows, no matter what type of bar I use, my elbows always seem to pop. They don't hurt, but it just doesn't sound right. Any tips?

3. I'm in the middle of developing a new workout schedule. Do I want to strictly adhere to that shcedule for a few months and then change exercises, or should I alternate exercises every week or what?

Thanks, I'm going to post my workout when I'm done with it for everyone to critique, but these are questions i needed to answer before finishing it.

1. That would work if you were supersetting your bis and back. For instance you could do rows then right away do a set of curls. But normally I don't do anything but rest during a rest period.
    2. I don't do upright rows b/c over time they seem to wear the shoulders out and cause injury, but some guys to them all the time.
    3. Switch up your routine, not so much your split, but the exercises and/or reps+sets every 3 or 4 weeks to keep the body guessing. The body is very adaptive so you need to keep shocking it to grow.

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    1. That would work if you were supersetting your bis and back. For instance you could do rows then right away do a set of curls. But normally I don't do anything but rest during a rest period.
    2. I don't do upright rows b/c over time they seem to wear the shoulders out and cause injury, but some guys to them all the time.
    3. Switch up your routine, not so much your split, but the exercises and/or reps+sets every 3 or 4 weeks to keep the body guessing. The body is very adaptive so you need to keep shocking it to grow.
    1. agreed

2. maybe use elbow raps. my elbos pop when doing tri extensions, but i have never done anything about it.

3. agreed

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    1.. NO iur bis will wear out to quickly, i do back and bis as well my bis are al,ost toast at the end of my back workout.

Thread Information