Thread: Maximum Growth

rager is offline Member

Maximum Growth

How many days rest between bodyparts are really needed for maximum growth? Ex. Does anyone Hit chest on Mon and than come back on Thu and hit chest again. Same example for other body parts.. Thanks

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rager
    How many days rest between bodyparts are really needed for maximum growth? Ex. Does anyone Hit chest on Mon and than come back on Thu and hit chest again. Same example for other body parts.. Thanks
    not good IMO...i would say at least 6 days of rest per body part. i personally rest a full week each bodypart. you grow during that rest period, in the gym you do the opposite.

NevrSayNevr is offline Associate Member
    Everyone is different, that is a given, but it does not hurt to switch it up every now and again. I myself train 1 bodypart a week, but a year or so ago my training partner and I would do something like this and made great gains.
    Mon - Chest / Tri's / Shoulders
    Tue - Legs
    Wed - Off
    Thu - Back / Bi's / Traps
    Friday - Chest / Tri's / Shoulders

Then the next week we would start monday with legs, tuesday with back, ect. So we trained one muscle group twice in a weeks time.

Mon - Legs
    Tue - Back / Bi's / Traps
    Wed - Off
    Thu - Chest / Tri's / Shoulders
    Fri - Legs
    Last edited by NevrSayNevr; 11-10-2005 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Wrong word

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Judge off of your recovery ability. While on-cycle, you can get away with training a bodypart twice a week. Off-cycle, unless your a genetic freak, you train only as often as you improve. By this I mean, you perform more work in your workout (in comparison to your last workout). Work can be reps, sets, lbs, etc.

rager is offline Member
    Thanks for the input. Anyone else here that trains a bodypart twice a week? Let me ask this. Does anyone have a no set schedule? Meaning do you lift by feel that day? whatever you think needs to be hit that day. Ex. If your bi's were not sore they go ahead of schedule? and so on. (did that make any sense?)

bb868484 is offline Junior Member
    I beleive you should and can hit a body part twice a week. But you have to work in Macro and Micro Cycles in order for it to work right and you must participated in active recovery after about each 6 week macro cycle. E.G. Chest and Shoulders on Mondays and Thursdays and it works off of percentages of your max on exercises that give the highest fiber stimulation on ECG tests. 60%-12 reps 60%-15 reps 60%-15 reps 70%-10 reps 75%-10reps and then back down to 60%-12 but the weigh would be heavier then the previous week at 60% because I swear you will be stronger. But I would only do two exercises per bodypart at each training session for 3-4 sets and everyone is to failure and you only take 45 secs rest in between sets. Makes me want to puke almost evertime but I swear by it. When I started doing it I went from doing the 80's on the shoulder presses for like 8 and in 3 weeks i got them for 23 reps.

Thread Information