Thread: Uneven Traps

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member

Uneven Traps

Ok so my right trap is a lot bigger than my left.. Is there a way to even them out??

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBobby
    Ok so my right trap is a lot bigger than my left.. Is there a way to even them out??
    No, they are genetically different. Just concentrate on form and continue to work both sides at the same time, equally. You can try to do unilateral shrugs with just one dumbell, but you will probably find it unstable and it may not yield results.

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    question when you shrug or deadlift do you use amixed grip?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Use db's on your shrugs and examine yourself in a mirror closely. With a barbell, you can be placing more stress on your strong trap to finish your reps. This will not be the case with dbs. If you really desire to create balance, only unilateral db shrug with the small side until there is muscle balance.

BostonBobby is offline Associate Member
    it's not gentics because they used to be even.. then I had surgery on my back and they had to cut through the muscle there... Could that possibly have something to do with it?? I will try to do unilateral shrugs.. and I don't use a barbell to shrug because I'm in a wheelchair so I have to use dumbells..

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    it's not gentics because they used to be even.. then I had surgery on my back and they had to cut through the muscle there... Could that possibly have something to do with it?? I will try to do unilateral shrugs.. and I don't use a barbell to shrug because I'm in a wheelchair so I have to use dumbells..
    Hold a dumbbell in the other hand, just to keep your balance. I know you probably already knew that, but I just wanted to be on the safe side. When you perform seated shrugs, they really isolate the upper traps. It's amazing how much you use your legs when performing standing shrugs.
    If you noticed the muscle imbalance after the surgery, this could be the cause. If it is, don't worry about the unilateral shrugs, seek advice from a qualified professional.

Thread Information