PunkOff is offline Associate Member

How To Measure Bodyfat?

wasnt quite sure where to put this , but how do i measure my bodyfat? do i need any tools?

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    body fat caliper is a start. but there are some calculations (i don't remember off top of my head, but you can do a search for them) that u can do to give you a round about estimate....<-- i did it once and gave me some crazy #.

JRH
    JRH is offline Junior Member
    My scale tells me weight body fat and % of water Im sure it is not 100% true but it is close enough you can work on what you need

got it.. thanks

n4529359 is offline Associate Member
    body fat is best measured by skinfold calipers. But the accuracy is greatly affected by the users ability so it is nearly impossible to do it yourself. Go to a gym and get an exercise physioloist to do it. Even if the measurment is not 100% correct, it is still possible to compare every so often if the measuring technique is consistant.

those BF scales are really inaccurate. Basically the ones that send an impulse from the feet or scale (the scale without a hand rail thingy) through the legs and electrical impedence takes the shortest route throgh anything so it goes across the hips then back down to your feet again without measuring upper body water.

If you have access to a DEXA use that its the gold standard.

a DEXA is a tool i take it? and thanks.. i use my universitys gym to lift and there arent any trainers or anything of the sort there, when i go home of xmas vacation ill go to a real gym to get mine checked

Thread Information