chest6 is offline Banned

Tbar Row Question

When you guys do tbar rows..do you put one hand in front of the other, or use one the close together handle you put under the bar? What grip do you use in other words??

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I put one in front of the other, and try and take my bi's out of it as much as possible.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I put one in front of the other, and try and take my bi's out of it as much as possible.
    thats what I have always done. My friend used the handle and he also put on hand underneath the other one, which seemed incorrect and odd to me.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I use the close, neutral-grip handle for the lat pulldown machine. Once you lock your torso into the proper angle, you can really move some massive weight with this grip. I like it better than supinated-grip bent-over rows (another excellent exercise).

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    I use the close, neutral-grip handle for the lat pulldown machine.
    That what I use, I dont find the hand over hand grip to be very comfortable.

chest6 is offline Banned
    I guess I'll experiment with both..

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i use the "A" shaped cable bar on tbar rows. ive never tried it any other way.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    that little handle thing.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    handle, i feel i get a better range of motion with it

chest6 is offline Banned
    Hm maybe Ill try that today..

PunkOff is offline Associate Member
    i take a vbar off a lat pulldown machine and put it under the bar when i want to do tbar rows, ir provides 2 even and comfortable handles for me to grip

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkOff
    i take a vbar off a lat pulldown machine and put it under the bar when i want to do tbar rows, ir provides 2 even and comfortable handles for me to grip
    ya thats the name for it..V bar. Guess that makes sense. I wonder if I can still pull as much weight that way..

i dont see why you wouldnt be able to.. i recommend it.. but only one way to find out..

chest6 is offline Banned
    will the bar stay there? Or will it shift around??

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I always had trouble with the bar shifting around. I would have my workout partner place his foot over the end of the bar, to help hold it in place. It didn't work as well as I liked but it was better than nothing. Anyone have any better suggestions? Maybe place a plate on the opposite side of the barbell and see if it stays put?

chest6 is offline Banned
    oh I meant the V bar..like the handle Im holding..will it stay in place? I always have my friend stand on the other end..its not a problem until I go to 7 plates..then he has trouble keeping it down.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ya thats the name for it..V bar. Guess that makes sense. I wonder if I can still pull as much weight that way..
    IMO, you will not be able to row as much weight with the V bar. Your wrists will not be in a neutral position with the V bar. When your wrists are in a neutral position, they are strongest (followed by supinated and then pronated).

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    IMO, you will not be able to row as much weight with the V bar. Your wrists will not be in a neutral position with the V bar. When your wrists are in a neutral position, they are strongest (followed by supinated and then pronated).

I find that my wrist ARE neutral in when i use the V-bar handle.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    oh I meant the V bar..like the handle Im holding..will it stay in place?
    If you pull smoothly..yes

Quote Originally Posted by PunkOff
    That's what i use...

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I find that my wrist ARE neutral in when i use the V-bar handle.
    If your wrists are neutral, then it will be up to elbow placement. If the elbows are farther away from the torso, less weight can be used. The V-bar would have the elbows farther away from the trunk, in comparison to the close, neutral-grip handle from the lat machine or seated row machine.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    i use this...
    Wtf man!

I thought you meant the V-bar when we talked the other night on MSN?

Dude, I've tried it with that, and didn't like it at all...

chest6 is offline Banned
    isnt that the machine..the one with the wide grip then the narrow grip like this
    ____
    / l l \

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i use the tbar row machine, i feel it keeps my legs out of it and i can get a good stretch. and i use both the wide grip and the narrow grip on different sets. the only problem i have with this machine is , when i pull heavy its hard to breath, from my chest being sqached agaist the pad.

singern is offline Banned
    Mix it up.
    I can not stress this enough. Use different grips and postures to hit the targeted muscle from as many angles as possible.

ufc fighter is offline Junior Member
    I'm a thread hijacker...

I'll try not to do this again as i've been warned that it's a no-no...
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 11-17-2005 at 09:02 PM. Reason: ~Narkissos

can anyone tell me what test is best to mix with deca and d-bol's????????
    wow.

Anyway the VBar feels great for me and as for the other end of the bar, i just put it in a corner and it doesnt go anywhere.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ufc fighter
    can anyone tell me what test is best to mix with deca and d-bol's????????

thank's.
    dude. I answered your thread in the other forum AND I emailed you a long response back..please dont hijack my thread that bad..be more subtle

If your wrists are neutral, then it will be up to elbow placement. If the elbows are farther away from the torso, less weight can be used. The V-bar would have the elbows farther away from the trunk, in comparison to the close, neutral-grip handle from the lat machine or seated row machine.
    Actually...it would depend moreso on foot placement. Ultimately..foot placement on this exercise would determine centre of gravity...which would in turn determine elbow placement in relation to torso...and untimately define the increase or decrease in weight correlated to the distance of the elbows from the torso during pulling.

Example.

When i grab the weight...My toes are in line with the plate closest to me. This stance differs from some i've seen, where lifters are standing closer to the middle of the bar than the end. The farther from the plates...the further the reach...thus the further the elbow placement in regards to the torso...and the less weight can be pulled. Conversely, with the stance i use, due to the fact that everything is in line (i.e. my wrists; elbows; knees...and subsequently, the weight)...i can use more weight.

What i've illustrated doesn't state you're incorrect..rather it illustrates that elbow placement is a satellite factor...whereas feet placement is the core factor.

Glad to have you in this forum mang

~Narkissos

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Actually...it would depend moreso on foot placement. Ultimately..foot placement on this exercise would determine centre of gravity...which would in turn determine elbow placement in relation to torso...and untimately define the increase or decrease in weight correlated to the distance of the elbows from the torso during pulling.

Example.

When i grab the weight...My toes are in line with the plate closest to me. This stance differs from some i've seen, where lifters are standing closer to the middle of the bar than the end. The farther from the plates...the further the reach...thus the further the elbow placement in regards to the torso...and the less weight can be pulled. Conversely, with the stance i use, due to the fact that everything is in line (i.e. my wrists; elbows; knees...and subsequently, the weight)...i can use more weight.

What i've illustrated doesn't state you're incorrect..rather it illustrates that elbow placement is a satellite factor...whereas feet placement is the core factor.

Glad to have you in this forum mang

~Narkissos
    Foot placement is an important factor as well. The farther your feet are away from the plates, your lower back will have to work much harder as a stabilizer. I, personally, never preferred standing far away from the plates because this places tremendous stabilizing load on your lower back. The only way I changed elbow placement was by chosing bars that varied your grips and thus elbow placement.

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Wtf man!

I thought you meant the V-bar when we talked the other night on MSN?

Dude, I've tried it with that, and didn't like it at all...

no i was jsut telling you another way to do using equipment the gym probally already has

jerk

Thread Information