Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member

Arrow Leg Workout and still can't walk the next day

Has anybody worked there legs out so much that they couldn't barely walk, stand and hold your balance the next day. This sux. I feel like i am paralized.lol
    What workouts do you guys do for your legs that creates a good pump?

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Mine that is stuck atop the page.

~SC~

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    This is day 3 after my leg day and I still can't really walk very well.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    like swole said SwoleSquats! Look here for leg SIZE! its bad ass!!!

Flexor is offline Banned
    Is it a good thing if you can't do any leg exercise for more than 7 days? Does growth occur over this whole period as the aches slowly go, or is growth all done by day 4 and the remaining ache is caused by other residual factors and not muscle damage? I've been recently wondering if it would be better to workout with just a few sets and do legs after 3-4 days so that there is two growth cycles in one week. You can still get high intensity without stupendous amounts of ache.

What is better, one huge amount of damage, or two smaller amounts of damage over the same time, what causes more growth?
    Last edited by Flexor; 11-16-2005 at 11:48 AM.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    i use to train to where it took me 5-7 days to recover.
    Then my sprint coach (carmichael training systems) got me into a differnt routine where i can recover in 2 days and train legs much more often.
    Before i could pretty much train legs once a week, because of recovery, now i train legs a @ least once every 4 days, don't go quite as hard and recover much quicker.
    If you do the overall math i get to train legs much more often and have since really started to put on some power and size

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    i use to train to where it took me 5-7 days to recover.
    Then my sprint coach (carmichael training systems) got me into a differnt routine where i can recover in 2 days and train legs much more often.
    Before i could pretty much train legs once a week, because of recovery, now i train legs a @ least once every 4 days, don't go quite as hard and recover much quicker.
    If you do the overall math i get to train legs much more often and have since really started to put on some power and size
    Sweet.....I might try out what you have been doing, legs E4D. I reckon there is such a thing as too much damage which doesn't bring about much more growth. I've started to train upper body slightly more often by not going to absolute failure.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    Sweet.....I might try out what you have been doing, legs E4D. I reckon there is such a thing as too much damage which doesn't bring about much more growth. I've started to train upper body slightly more often by not going to absolute failure.

You can train them to where you're sore for 7 days, and it's deff going to break them down alot, and they will recover. but put it in perspective....and this is total hypothetical.

say it takes you 7 days to recover, but you generated 2% increase in muscle growth. That means every 28 days you have an overall increase musacle groth of 8%
    Say you train every 4 days but only generate 1.25% new muscle growth. over 28 days you generated 8.75% new muscle growth.
    There a point of dimenishing returns,You deff want to train hard enough to break down your muscles, but maybe you train so hard that those extra 3 days only correlate to an additional .25% in new muscle growth, so you've allready grown 1.75% in the first 4 days but it takes you an additional 3 days to recover that extra .25%. You have to find the sweet spot for yourself where you can train most effectively and recover in a timely manner. Sure you're still getting bigger but you're going about it @ a slower rate than you could be.

And i don't train E4D on the dot. i train again when im not sore. Like for instance i did leg extensions and squats on monday, i cut my workout short becasue i just didnt feel great on squats and was getting light headed. So i'm going to train them again today.

Just listen to your body
    Last edited by Mealticket; 11-16-2005 at 04:31 PM.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mealticket
    You can train them to where you're sore for 7 days, and it's deff going to break them down alot, and they will recover. but put it in perspective....and this is total hypothetical.

say it takes you 7 days to recover, but you generated 2% increase in muscle growth. That means every 28 days you have an overall increase musacle groth of 8%
    Say you train every 4 days but only generate 1.25% new muscle growth. over 28 days you generated 8.75% new muscle growth.
    There a point of dimenishing returns,You deff want to train hard enough to break down your muscles, but maybe you train so hard that those extra 3 days only correlate to an additional .25% in new muscle growth, so you've allready grown 1.75% in the first 4 days but it takes you an additional 3 days to recover that extra .25%. You have to find the sweet spot for yourself where you can train most effectively and recover in a timely manner. Sure you're still getting bigger but you're going about it @ a slower rate than you could be.
    Good post, I guess everyone has to judge where their own point of diminishing returns is.

Thread Information