Post Suitable sets and reps.

flat bench
    incline dumbell pushup
    flat dumbell flys

I do like 12warmup to 10reps-8reps-6reps-4reps

go down 3secs and push up 1-2sec.

I use this for chest and legs workouts.

For arms i just do 5 sets of curls. 12warmup-10-10-10-10
    then dumbell 21's 4 sets of that each arm.

Are my workouts going to put muscle on heaps or just stregth?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I think you are doing to much for your bis....I would do 21s once a month
    or you will just burn out your bis (YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT THE BICEP IS A SMALL MUSCLE AND IT GETS A LOT OF HAMMER WHEN YOU TRAIN YOUR BACK)

Sema is offline Associate Member
    that chest and legs workout is great for gaining mass. My arms workout looks a lil different, i do hammer curls 4 sets 12 reps, standing EZ curls 2 sets + 2 dropsets, each between 8-12 reps and cable 21's to finish it off.

A lot of people told me that going low in reps and heavy in weight is very good for gaining mass, but it doesnt really work for me. If i do low reps, heavy weight, i dont get the pump and swollen feeling that i get from doing 12 reps, and the day after i aint sore too.
    So according to me its different from person to person, but dont kill me if i'm wrong

vinh is offline Junior Member
    its true, thats why i didnt do 10-8-6-4 for arms, for me i cant feel it.

So my I do like 12warmup to 10reps-8reps-6reps-4reps for chest and legs are great? They will pack on muscle?

Sema is offline Associate Member
    well, in my opinion is, you might try experimenting with lowering reps and high reps, i had to experiment with it too, its a matter of feeling the hints your body gives to ya, like getting a pump and soreness the day(s) after, the signs of having done a good workout. I think its the best way to find out, because everyone develops different. There isnt really a golden rule

Success!
    Greetz and respect
    Semark

Anabolik is offline Associate Member
    Pretty much any training will do as long as you actually put effort in and dont do silly stuff like performing 1-2 reps and hoping that'd be enough or trying to knock out 100 reps (though it does work for some). Hence dont stress to much over your training routine. Concentrate on muscle recovery/rest, diet and discipline.
    Of course if your target is to gain that extra bit of strength, push your 1RM up, then you might want to follow the well tried and tested various powerliftig systems like the german volume training or russian volume training or westside programmes. These are designed to keep your weight in check while allowing to gain on the basic exercises.

As far as bodybuilding is concerned I think pretty much anything goes and its probably best to vary things quite often in terms of reps and sets. Personally I dont give a shit about how much I lift -- havent attempted 1RMs for about 3 months (well one exception being a little deadlift competition we had in a gym and I failed miserably ). I am quite content with working with 200 pounds on the bench. And I tend to look better, bigger and fuller than those that are pressing 300-350 for 1 rep.

Thread Information