should i lift today?

i always lift mon wed and either thurs or fri....did a rough chest workout yesterday, first time ive been sore from a chest workout in awhile, anyways, i want to lift shoulders and tri's today, is it alright to lift these the day after a rough chest workout? one of the reasons i can think not to is my tri's may be weaker today than they will be tomorrow.

Flexor is offline Banned
    If i was personally doing tris with close grip and dips then I wouldn't do it the day after chest because its used heavily in both those exercises. Also shoulder presses will hit the knackered front delts from the chest day.

sounds good...i'll wait till tomorrow...thanks

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    did a rough chest workout yesterday, first time ive been sore from a chest workout in awhile
    in a while.......what you been doing dude....

what you referring to is called overlapping of body parts, I would avoid it if you can.....
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-17-2005 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    in a while.......what you been doing dude....
    had been on the same chest workout (buckeye) for 2 months...switched things completely up starting last week...hadn't been sore from the buckeye for a couple weeks, and now im pretty tore up

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    had been on the same chest workout (buckeye) for 2 months...switched things completely up starting last week...hadn't been sore from the buckeye for a couple weeks, and now im pretty tore up
    What does buckeye mean?

its a workout...i had been doing the buckeye 285...215 for 8, 225 for 6, 235 for 4, 245 for 3, 255 for 2, 265 for 1, then 215 for 8...once i reach all of these reps, i'd move up to 295 buckeye and add 10 lbs to each set....the idea of it is that you can max aprx 20 lbs higher than your rep for 1. I dont know, i saw decent gains with it

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    if i did a massive chest workout and i was sore.... and then i wanted to do shoulders and tris... I'DE DO IT...
    I might be able to make some sense this time.. here i go:

If your chest is sore, i personally dont see anythign wrong with doing a light weight on it the following day to maybe stretch it. THEN i'de let it heal up.
    As for you lifting shoulder and tris.. which will prolly cause some movement in your chest, hense the pain....... i'de go for it as well... because if you try to lift with the other two groups.... and you aim to NOT use your chest to avoid the pain.. you'll be focusing on using the other groups... ISOLATING them .. using them only.

That make any sense? Hope so..
    But the bottom line is it's up to YOU, and you know whats right.

Thread Information