emma2020 is offline Junior Member

How often can you do chest?

Is every 4 to 5 days not enough rest during a cycle when doing chest. Or should I keep it to one time a week.

I personally do it once a week. But scientific studies show that the muscles are good to go after 72 hours. However, the CNS (central nervous system) might not be fully repaired if you have been doing supersets or have a high amount of stress from work.

So just feel it out by what your body tells you. If you're not sore after three days then feel free to hit it up again, but not as hard as the last day. Then take a day off and repeat your schedule again.

emma2020 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

chest6 is offline Banned
    I used to do it every 4 days..eventually that was too little..moved to every 5..same thing and so on until once a week now

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I bomb them once weekly....I'm 37,so my recovery is lessened with age.also I believe in allowing the CNS to catch up.That's why I train EOD.

~Pinnacle~
    Last edited by Pinnacle; 11-19-2005 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typoooooooooooo

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by emma2020
    Is every 4 to 5 days not enough rest during a cycle when doing chest. Or should I keep it to one time a week.
    Base it off trial-and-error. While on-cycle, you recover must faster and can train more frequently. Whether on- or off-cycle, only train chest again if you can improve upon your last workout. This improvement could be technique, weight, reps., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by striker93
    Base it off trial-and-error. While on-cycle, you recover must faster and can train more frequently. Whether on- or off-cycle, only train chest again if you can improve upon your last workout. This improvement could be technique, weight, reps., etc.
    That's a valid point too, but if someone starts a cycle of test only... say 500-600mg of enanthate a week and trains twice as hard in the first five weeks. They could end up overtrained cuz the test doesn't really kick in till 3-5 weeks. I'm not saying don't train harder on roids, all I'm saying is that you don't have to change your schedule, all you have to do is add more weight or a few more sets or reps.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I bomb them once weekly....I'm 37,so my recovery is lessened with age.also I believe in allowing the CNS to catch up.That's why I train EOD.

~Pinnacle~
    Im with pin on this, once a week absolute destruction is my fave method, I always go away feeling i had a good workout and am usually sore for days, it means u can do high volume and include supersets, drop sets etc without worrying about overtraining.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Once a week for me.

copenhagen is offline Member
    i did one type of workout over the summer where we did barbell exercises on monday and dumbell exercises on friday. gained some nice strength on it. i think it was a workout from the texas longhorn football team.

znak is offline Senior Member
    Listen to your body. If you didn't totally thrash your chest, you may be ready in a couple days. It typically takes me a whole week to recover on or off cycle, but I am a true gym masochist.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Every 4 days myself. I take an extra day if I need it though... listening to your body is key.
    One day for Max. Effort (Sets of 3-5 reps, working up to a 1/3RM), and one day for Dynamic Effort(Speed/Explosiveness/Form 8sets of 3 reps @ ~60% 1RM) / Higher Volume...
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 11-21-2005 at 05:05 AM.

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    I hit em once a week usually but evey now and again I hit em every 5 days if I feel I've recovered fully from my previous workout.But like Striker said, if I'm on cycle I usually bomb the hell out of em just cause I can...

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    I saw some nice gains and i was doing chest every three days...say, monday, thursday, sunday, then wednesday, then saturday...so on, and for a few weeks it worked, but i quit so i would plateau hard. Feel it out and experiment.

Thread Information