Thread: Cardio sucks

stormstrength is offline New Member

Talking Cardio sucks

Whats a good alternative to cardio for someone who dislikes running but prefers lifting weights? My BF% is about 23 and I'm trying to get it down.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Walks(this is the best way of burning fat for me), exercise bike, stair master, stationary rowing machine ect.
    Whatever is funny and can keep you motivated.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    Has been my experience that you are going to have to do some sort of cardio to lose the bf. If you don't like to run try the stationary bike or elicptical (spelling) machine. Might wanna try to caculate your caloric intake and find out where ya need to be, and clean up your diet. Also might wanna try to get a good thermogentic, I have only tried Rip Fuel so can't give ya alot of info about fat burners. Also intergrate some light weight, high rep lifting in there. Just gotta remember you didn't put the weight on over nite so it isn't going to come off over nite, takes a little time, and drink lots of water, stay away from soda.

Try this and see what happens, I've been doing it for the last 5 months and have lost 33 lbs and went up in muscular defintion and am now at 19% bf. So I still have a ways to go to .

It'll come though just takes some time, Hope this helps ya

If anybody has anything else to add, please jump right on in

OOOOhhh and welcome to the board.

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Well I dont know if this is actually a good form of cardio or not but I bought a punching bag a few years ago. I used to use it just for fun just to release some steam or if i was bored, but then realized that damn I'm in here sweating my ass off. I never did check to see if my heart rate ever got into the optimal range or not but I think it could. I could hit that thing for hours and not get bored as when i'm on the treadmill it's hell to go 30 minutes.

Now granted I wasn't just standing there hitting the bag, I would hop around the whole time and run around and stuff.

If anyways know why that is not a good form or cardio let me know, if not then you might want to try that.

DC24 is offline Junior Member
    might also wanna try swimming!

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Circuit training............With no rest...(BEST OF BOTH WORLDS)

Fat4Now is offline Junior Member
    I know you said you hate running but...I just started a HIIT program that is supposed to be better than any long term cardio (30+minutes on the bike, treadmill, rower etc and moderate speeds) and it only kills about 20 minutes of my morning including warm-up and cool down. Howerver, along the lines of your question. I love to get in on the office basketball games. Usually 2-2 or 3-3, low skill requirement and no refs. We play for a few hours once a week and by the end of it I'm drenched and had a great time. Plus I got out of one of my cardio workouts for the week if I so choose.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Swimming is good as well as walking. Park your shit far from the store and use stairs whenever you can, this will help alot without even changing your routine.

Tystick is offline Junior Member
    I think walking can be one of the best fat loss tools in the gym, besides circuit training. I read that doing cardio too intense can cause your glycogen stores to be used. Now mabey I'm a newbie but I think thats a bad thing. So I would say duration! on the treadmill low intensity walking. Personally I agree w/ bex circuit training never gets boring!

stormstrength is offline New Member

cardio still sucking

I tried kickboxing at the local gym -- my heart rate went through the roof, must have been around 160 or so. Definitely a good heart workout.

My diet is pretty clean on most days:

1: Oatmeal, prunes
    2: chicken, brown rice, veggies
    3: chicken, brown rice, veggies
    4: protein shake, then hit the gym (usually weight lifting)
    5: cottage cheese, peanut butter, walnuts, banana

I just have to find some cardio that I enjoy and the motivation to keep doing it. I have no problem motivating myself lifting weights, just cardio. Sticking a sign on the mirror "Sixpack for summer" helped for all of 3 weeks =).

Thanks for the tips!

BigD is offline Associate Member
    Well for me 160 bpm is my target heart range so anytime I do cardio that is where my heart is at.

As far as motivation, look at the girls in the gym, or take a picture of yourself in some boxers and carry it around with you. Every time you feel like you don’t wanna do cardio look at the picture.

That's what i do only I just carry a mental picture of myself then I picture where i want to be...keeps me going every time.

03733+$ is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by DC24
    might also wanna try swimming!
    Swimming works wonders for me!

-youll be amazed how tired youll be after 500 meters!

Thread Information