Thread: Supersets?

PunkOff is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Supersets?

Just wondering what is the point of these, I know what they are but are they actually better for muscle growth rather then a regular set?

If someone could explain I would appreciate it..

Thanks

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    lets say you are working opposing muscles like bis and tris...when you finish your set of tris, why sit around? why not just superset your tricep exercises with your bicep exercises...this is a good way of getting a lot of blood into the muscle and increase workout intensity...of course the only downside is that you cant work with as much weight. supersetting is also good when you cant be in the gym very long because of a conflicting schedule so it helps you finish a workout in shorter time.

PunkOff is offline Associate Member
    hmm supersetting 2 different muscle groups together? is that what you are saying? i was referring to a single muscle group.. would i see better gains if i banged out 3 bicep excercises one after the other nonstop rather then giving myself 2 min between each set?

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    supersets are good for the purpose kreezy sed, they cud work for one muscle group as well i guess, but i prefer to keep to one exercise and crack out a drop set personally

Malvino is offline New Member
    I heard supersetting is a way to shock your muscles into new growth once you hit a pleateu. But i think this theory is working under the assumption that your not lifting till failure everytime you go to the gym.

What is the difference between supersetting and drop setting?

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvino
    I heard supersetting is a way to shock your muscles into new growth once you hit a pleateu. But i think this theory is working under the assumption that your not lifting till failure everytime you go to the gym.

What is the difference between supersetting and drop setting?
    Supersetting u do a set of an exercise, then do another set of a different exercise straight after without a break. Drop setting u do 1 exercise and rep a weight till failure, then take some weight off and straight away do a set of that weight to failure and keep doing it till ur just lifting the bar and do that to failure. If ur quite strong on an exercise, drop sets are absolutely killer.

Thread Information