RedBaron38 is offline Junior Member

Knee Pain what should I do?

Hey guy's (and gal's if you are reading this), it's been about 2 weeks now and my knee's have been killing me after my legs day's and it's the lower part of my knee's. Now I tried a search on here and everyone that had knee problems had some kind of noise that followed....aka a clicking or grinding noise. Now I don't have that problem, they just hurt like a mofo right under the knee caps and if I sit for too long then my knee's start to ache and it's just EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I'm currently thinking that I need to do one/two of the following: take some glucosamine and chondroitin to help the joints, but I'm not sure on the amount I should take? and also maybe use lighter weight for a week or two just to give my knees a break? Or as a LAST resort, I start to wrap my knees before doing my squats in my leg routine. Now I've had gotten mixed view's on knee wraps and I myself do not like the idea, but I have a goal and I want to hit it before the end of this year in my squats. So far the guy's in my gym said my form is good ( I go just slightly past parallel) so I'm sure it's not that. What do you guy's think I should do?

Just in case you where wondering here's the leg routine's I use:
    Mon:
    leg ext: 2 sets of 12 for warm ups
    leg press: 4 sets 10,8,8,6
    lying leg curls: 3 sets of 10,10,8
    Squats: 4 sets 10,8,8,6
    Hack Squats: 4 sets 10,10,8,8
    Standing Deadlift: 3 sets of 8

Thurs:
    Front Squat: 5 sets 12,10,10,8,8
    Leg Ext: 4 sets 10,10,8,8
    Seated or standing Leg Curls: 4 sets 10,10,8,8

Stats:
    5'9" 218lbs 21yrs old and not on anything except B-12 injections.
    (oh and the goal is to hit 600lbs, 2 set's of 8, but will be happy w/2 sets of 6, and I'm currently at 535lbs, so I still have a way's to go.)

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks RB

Bumb.....anyone?

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron38
    Bumb.....anyone?

31 sets of legs in one week, training legs 2s a week, no shit you knees hurt it could be overtraining,

but then it may not be, any one ells have bad knees in your family, it could be hereditary, have you been to you G/P I wouldn’t mess with you knees they are a part of you body you will want to hang on to lol

Often, the pain is the result of an injury such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage. But certain medical conditions can also bring you to your knees, including arthritis, gout and infections.

Depending on the type and severity of damage, knee pain can be a minor annoyance, causing an occasional twinge when you kneel down or exercise strenuously. Or it can lead to severe discomfort and disability.
    Many minor knee problems respond well to self-care measures. More serious injuries, such as a ruptured ligament or tendon, may require surgical repair. But knee surgery can often be performed with a procedure that uses a few small incisions rather than a single large one. Because there's less tissue disruption than with traditional surgery, you're likely to heal more quickly and comfortably.
    Still, it's better not to have knee pain at all. Although every knee problem can't be prevented — especially if you're active — you can take certain steps to reduce the risk of injury or disease.

As far as I know there is arthritis in my family and I did have it in my right wrist for awhile but doing some simple wrist routines I don't feel the pain anymore. Other than that I don't have any hereditary problems that would cause this. I did have an infection in my right knee when I was little (like 7 or somewhere around that age) but that was just one knee cap and this is both knee caps. It could be over use, but honestly I've trained like this for years and I haven't had this problem until now. As of right now I'm just going to get some glucosamine and chondroitin to help the issue and do some lighter set's for about a week or two and see if that helps. If anyone else has anything to say that would great.

Thread Information