raynerd10 is offline New Member

My workout! IS it good enough!!!!

Im 18 and have been currently workout for 4 months proply any way. I am around 12 stone and have made some good gains in the last couple of months! My aim is to get to 13 stone with around 17 inch arms. I have a very good chest for my age and most my mates think im takeing something. Iv tried la noreteen heavy weight 2 which you may or may not of hered of. Its a natural legal supplement stronger then which gives the same affects of dbol .
    Im just wanting some advise on my routine and the weights im lifting should i be pushing myself with more weight. Please take a look and advise me.

I currently go to the gym 4 times a week.

[B]Monday-chest and biceps[/B]

Flat bench press- 4x4 75kg max!
    Incline bech- 8x4 60kg
    Flys (machine) 5x3 90kg max!

Concetrated curls 6x5 17.5kg max each arm.
    Barbell curls 4x4 25kg
    Curls 4x4 22.5kg max each arm.

Tuesday -Tris and back.

Pull downs 4x5 35kg max
    Tri extensions 4x4 30kg max
    skull crushers 30 kg max

Lat pull downs 6x4 80kg max
    dead lifts 8x3 90 kg max

wednesday day off

Thursday - Cardio and abs

100 crunches
    45 mins running
    15 mins rowing machine

Friday - shoulders and delts.

Shrugs 5x6 100kg (using the smith machine)
    Shrugs 4x4 25kg free weights on each arm
    Shoulder press 6x8 73kg (machine)
    Shoulder press 4x6 25kg each arm free weights.

side raises 6x6 15kg each arm

Im sorry but i do a bit on my delts but i dont kniow the exact name off them.

Please tell me wether or not this is a good workout and will pot a good diet plan cheers.

CURRENT STATS When i started!!

Biceps 16 and half inch 14 inch
    Chest 40 inch 37 inch
    Legs 21 inch 21 inch
    for arms 14 icnh 12 inch

Sorry dont work on my legs!!!!

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by raynerd10
    bro...that’s not going to get you any where.....especially on this board,

well maybe flamed...

Iv tried la noreteen heavy weight 2 which you may or may not of hered of. Its a natural legal supplement stronger then which gives the same affects of dbol.
    LMFAO.......oookkkkkkkkk
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-22-2005 at 07:28 AM.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Iv tried la noreteen heavy weight 2 which you may or may not of hered of. Its a natural legal supplement stronger then which gives the same affects of dbol.
    WTF?

Anyway, you seem to be wasting your time with 3 or 4 reps everywhere, and flyes for 3 reps?!?! Are you intentionally going for a strength-based routine, or are you wanting to build mass. Usually mass is best built between 6-12 reps.

If you don't work your legs, you won't be taking advantage of increased levels of natural test and GH.

Whats your bodyfat?

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    If you don't work your legs, you won't be taking advantage of increased levels of natural test and GH

no, no, dude hes on noreteen heavy weight 2..he be fine.... come on man whats wrong with you 2day

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    hit the legs. Everyone is going to tell you that.

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    no, no, dude hes on noreteen heavy weight 2..he be fine.... come on man whats wrong with you 2day
    Yeah you're right. Besides, hitting chest hard will indirectly hit the legs...

"RATE MY STRENGTH"
    Last edited by Flexor; 11-22-2005 at 09:11 AM.

man i hate doing legs too, not much motivation. i know yall are gonna burn me at the stake for this but chicks dont pay much attention to dudes' legs. i 100% agree that i gotta do em anyway and i love when my legs are so sore i cant walk or sit down, but i just hate doing them! ahhhh

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    i take from the previous comments, that his workout is no good???

not hittin the legs...

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    man i hate doing legs too, not much motivation. i know yall are gonna burn me at the stake for this but chicks dont pay much attention to dudes' legs. i 100% agree that i gotta do em anyway and i love when my legs are so sore i cant walk or sit down, but i just hate doing them! ahhhh

Bullshit they don't! I bet you won't go to the beach next summer with an arnold upper body and pee wee lower and no one point and stare.

You wanna look like this old ****er?

or better yet, this?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My workout! IS it good enough!!!!-lonestar5.jpg  
    Last edited by Lavinco; 11-22-2005 at 08:23 PM.

How is that you have a... what is that in pounds... 165 pound bench with 17 inch arms?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    Bullshit they don't! I bet you won't go to the beach next summer with an arnold upper body and pee wee lower and no one point and stare.

You wanna look like this old ****er?

or better yet, this?

LMFAO

znak is offline Senior Member
    Im 18 and have been currently workout for 4 months proply any way. I am around 12 stone and have made some good gains in the last couple of months! My aim is to get to 13 stone with around 17 inch arms. I have a very good chest for my age and most my mates think im takeing something. Iv tried la noreteen heavy weight 2 which you may or may not of hered of. Its a natural legal supplement stronger then which gives the same affects of dbol .
    Im just wanting some advise on my routine and the weights im lifting should i be pushing myself with more weight. Please take a look and advise me.

I currently go to the gym 4 times a week.

[B]Monday-chest and biceps[/B]

Flat bench press- 4x4 75kg max!
    Incline bech- 8x4 60kg
    Flys (machine) 5x3 90kg max!

Concetrated curls 6x5 17.5kg max each arm.
    Barbell curls 4x4 25kg
    Curls 4x4 22.5kg max each arm.

Tuesday -Tris and back.

Pull downs 4x5 35kg max
    Tri extensions 4x4 30kg max
    skull crushers 30 kg max

Lat pull downs 6x4 80kg max
    dead lifts 8x3 90 kg max

wednesday day off

Thursday - Cardio and abs

100 crunches
    45 mins running
    15 mins rowing machine

Friday - shoulders and delts.

Shrugs 5x6 100kg (using the smith machine)
    Shrugs 4x4 25kg free weights on each arm
    Shoulder press 6x8 73kg (machine)
    Shoulder press 4x6 25kg each arm free weights.

side raises 6x6 15kg each arm

Im sorry but i do a bit on my delts but i dont kniow the exact name off them.

Please tell me wether or not this is a good workout and will pot a good diet plan cheers.

CURRENT STATS When i started!!

Biceps 16 and half inch 14 inch
    Chest 40 inch 37 inch
    Legs 21 inch 21 inch
    for arms 14 icnh 12 inch

This are good warm ups. What is your work out?

Or are you really telling me that you do three reps on deads and are expecting growth?

This is a good thirty minute work out for a busy executive that want to stay in shape, it will not build mass.

There are a dozen workouts on this site that have been critiqued and fine tuned. Do some surfing, or if you are lazy you could just up your reps to 10 and keep the exercises you are doing. That would give you results for a couple months.

Listen to what people are telling you about legs and don't listen to the BS that women don't look at legs.

Quote Originally Posted by spittin' 'n cussin'
    man i hate doing legs too, not much motivation. i know yall are gonna burn me at the stake for this but chicks dont pay much attention to dudes' legs
    sorry dude no now you are a official retard

Flexor is offline Banned
    If you look at this article from the fitness repository, it tells you what five bodyparts women find most attractive.

http://www.saponi.com/fitness/conten...artsdrool.shtm

You will notice that glutes and calves are number 4 and 5. You won't get glutes and calves without doing squats and deadlifts so get lifting...

Flexor is offline Banned

"Sounds like an extreme case of retardation to me"

Get lifting Rainman...

LMFAO.......oookkkkkkkkk[/QUOTE]

First ioff al what does that mean.

Ok i agree i will work my legs! Your the guys know what your talking about so i wont argue. Any body got any good legs work outs.

6-12 reps i will try this and you say with the same weights as i normally use. Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by The French Curler
    How is that you have a... what is that in pounds... 165 pound bench with 17 inch arms?
    How is that i have what...? i dont understand???
    yes its around 165 pounds.
    16 inch arms want to get 17 inch!

i know 165 pounds aint that heavy but iv only turned 18.

Is this a sarki coment or a good honest one!!!

WTF?

Anyway, you seem to be wasting your time with 3 or 4 reps everywhere, and flyes for 3 reps?!?! Are you intentionally going for a strength-based routine, or are you wanting to build mass. Usually mass is best built between 6-12 reps.

If you don't work your legs, you won't be taking advantage of increased levels of natural test and GH.

Whats your bodyfat?
    No thats 3 sets not three reps. Sorry must off got it the wrong way round. I want a mass building routine.

Flexor is offline Banned
    No thats 3 sets not three reps. Sorry must off got it the wrong way round. I want a mass building routine.
    There is a lot of sarcasm in this thread, that's true...

No I misread what you wrote, 5x3 is five reps by three sets, correct. Still 5 is not high enough for mass building.

You must have 2-3 inches of fat on your arms if you are only doing 165 lbs on the bench, because someone with 17" arms would be doing closer to 250 probably.

There is no way that you will achieve 8 or 10 reps using the same weight you do for 4 reps, unless you are giving up at rep 4 and hardly trying. You will have to lower the weight to do more reps, but that isn't a problem.

Is this a sarki coment or a good honest one!!!
    WTF are you kidding me??? raynerd10 you are my favorite member...lololol

There is no way that you will achieve 8 or 10 reps using the same weight you do for 4 reps, unless you are giving up at rep 4 and hardly trying. You will have to lower the weight to do more reps, but that isn't a problem.
    I think that is the problem. I have no clue what he is doing.

Ray-- pick a weight that you can barely do ten time. Barely does not mean flopping around like a fish, but moving the bar is a slow deliberate path until it feels like you just about can't do anymore. Rest a minute or two and repeat. You have selected the right weight if number ten is really hard. Rest a minute or three. Repeat. You should get reps 9... 10 with difficultly. Note: if you start losing form, put the bar down and take off a little weight. Rest a minute or three repeat. You should be able to do NINE reps. If you can do ten, your weight was too low. If you can do more reps on your last set, do them.

Rest while breaking down the equipment. Then move to your next exercise.

It will take time to: a) get proper form b) know/feel the weight for each exercise c) feel when your pulse is ready for the next set.

Doing three sets of five, does have a time and place, when you are working with a partner and are going very heavy. For the first 2-3 years, I would keep it simple and do four sets of ten, where you can get only nine on your last set.

You are in the right place. There is a ton of great info here and a lot of really good people.

Go for it.

First ioff al what does that mean

LMFAO

Laugh My ****ing Ass Off

Flexor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by znak
    You have selected the right weight if number ten is really hard. Rest a minute or three. Repeat. You should get reps 9... 10 with difficultly...

...You should be able to do NINE reps. If you can do ten, your weight was too low. If you can do more reps on your last set, do them.
    Really, I find this odd that no fatigue would take place between sets. If I started with 10 reps, I would finish with 6 and 4. If you are able to repeat 10 reps for three sets there is something wrong, unless its a certain exercise because there are some that you can keep doing the same reps with. In general though, I've found it impossible.

Really, I find this odd that no fatigue would take place between sets. If I started with 10 reps, I would finish with 6 and 4. If you are able to repeat 10 reps for three sets there is something wrong, unless its a certain exercise because there are some that you can keep doing the same reps with. In general though, I've found it impossible.
    I agree that if you started with a weight that you can do ten reps and no more with, then you would go something like 10..8..6..4. But here, for an intermediate lifter, you could do more than ten on your first set, but don't. Same on second set. Ten is your max on third set and nine... eight on your fourth.

Flexor is offline Banned
    I agree that if you started with a weight that you can do ten reps and no more with, then you would go something like 10..8..6..4. But here, for an intermediate lifter, you could do more than ten on your first set, but don't. Same on second set. Ten is your max on third set and nine... eight on your fourth.
    Thanks for explaining that. I've never understood the idea of holding out on the first set so that you get a clean sweep of ten rep sets. What is the reasoning behind it?

Ok I think you should go back to basics, change the hole program, forget about how much weight he’s lifting and concentrate on the big multiple joint midrange movements with a 3 day split this will build you a sound foundation.

Chest flat bench x3
    Incline bench x 3
    Fly’s x2
    Side laterals x 3
    Shoulder press x 2
    skullkrusher x 3
    Seated extension x 2
    Dips x2

Off

Squats x 3
    Leg press x 3
    Leg extension / curls x 2

Off

Shrug’s x 3
    bent rows x2
    Pull-ups x 3
    pull downs x 2
    Bicep curl x 3
    Hammer curl x 2
    Incline alternative D/B curls

As simple as that, start as slow as you wish and build up your weights over time, it doesn’t mater how little are how much you lift as long as you progress each week....

Thanks for explaining that. I've never understood the idea of holding out on the first set so that you get a clean sweep of ten rep sets. What is the reasoning behind it?
    Progressive resistance. Until you have the necessary muscle hardness and strenght, doing your set of ten to failure (10), second set to failure (8), etc. will just burn out the group. After your first exercise, you can't lift enough weight to cause growth, just fatique.

Whereas, by holding back a little on the first few sets, you get more work in. Think about it. If you do for example, 100 kg x 10, 90kg x 8, 80kg x 6 and 75 x 4, you move 2,500 kgs, whereas if you do 10 x 90, 10 x 90, 10 x 90 and 9 x 90, you do 3510 kg or 40% more work. Add to this that you can then can only do 60 kgs, 50kg, 40 kg, etc. on incline after maxing out four time on flat, you will quickly see that the amount of weight you move IN TOTAL is greatly reduced. You want to delay total muscle fatigue for as long as possible. By holding back, you can actually do up to three time more work (mass/time) which equates to solid gains as you move towards your natty potential.

Obviously, this can be takenn to absurdity, but I think you see the point.

Both methods have their time and place, depending on skill, goal, experience, etc.

Based on Roy's split, I made certain assumption regarding these factors and feel safe in my recommendation.

i knew you guys were gonna like that one, at least i called it on you first. ok, cmon now, i said i still do legs. i have big legs and small upper naturally anyway. but you cant seriously say that a girl looks at a dude and says "check out the legs on that!" unless shes a health nut or something, which is fine also.

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    Who Gives A Shit About All That Crap!! Work On Your Legs ,it Will Boost Your Natural Test !!!!

*Alex* is offline Senior Member
    And Znak Your Avntar Is Offensive!!! You Took That Pic Little Too Low!! Sould Be In Your Private Album!

Quote Originally Posted by alex7674
    And Znak Your Avntar Is Offensive!!! You Took That Pic Little Too Low!! Sould Be In Your Private Album!

Flexor is offline Banned
    It can't be you, you've gotta be more built than that!!!!

Thread Information