jasindude1 is offline New Member

chest workout,, please help!!

ive seen and read tons of threads on this and ive tired diff stuff heres my workout for chest i do about 3 warm up sets flat bench and then do 3 sets of 10 for flat, incline, and decline, then i do flys (machine) 3sets of 10 and cable crossovers 4-5 sets of as many as i can do, ive tested this and didnt do cable crossovers 1 workout session and the only time i feel soreness or isotention on my chest afterwards is when i do cable crossovers, bench and all i feel mostly in my arms, what can i do? i wanna steong defined and noticable chest and workouts? or suggestions new workouts? i dont mind adding anything to my routine but i cant do crossovers all day long,, sum1 please help

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Sounds like you need work on your bench form if you're only feeling it in your tri's....

How wide of a grip are you doing? Pretty narrow? I'd suggest widening it up a bit and seeing how that affects your workout.

I'm not sure what kinda split, or training methods you're using, but I don't do any cable crossovers at all....and you're doing pretty high volume, that's alot of reps/sets... concentrate on the heavy compound lifts if you want growth... if you want to, for a week or two, really concentrate on the 'feel' with DB/BB... really work on the contraction of the chest muscles, and keep close watch on your form.

jasindude1 is offline New Member
    i do mostly dumbells for my chest work out and hammer strength machine with wide grip,, i try to do my bench with very consitent movement, i jus read a thread that said to keep ur shoulder blades locked close together to isolate chest only,, any truth?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasindude1
    ive seen and read tons of threads on this and ive tired diff stuff heres my workout for chest i do about 3 warm up sets flat bench and then do 3 sets of 10 for flat, incline, and decline, then i do flys (machine) 3sets of 10 and cable crossovers 4-5 sets of as many as i can do, ive tested this and didnt do cable crossovers 1 workout session and the only time i feel soreness or isotention on my chest afterwards is when i do cable crossovers, bench and all i feel mostly in my arms, what can i do? i wanna steong defined and noticable chest and workouts? or suggestions new workouts? i dont mind adding anything to my routine but i cant do crossovers all day long,, sum1 please help
    No need for cable cross overs.They are for advanced BBers trying to bring out deep cuts in their already well devoloped chest.I'd also ditch the decline presses and opt for weighted dips instead.I'd consider dropping machine flies and use incline DB flies instead.I like to finish my chest routine with dips.I'm a big believer in stretching the muscle at the end of the workout.

Here's a good chest routine that will pack on mass :

Flat Bench - 3 sets
    Incline Bench - 3 sets
    Incline DB Flys - 3 sets
    Dips - 3 sets

~Pinnacle~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by jasindude1
    i do mostly dumbells for my chest work out and hammer strength machine with wide grip,, i try to do my bench with very consitent movement, i jus read a thread that said to keep ur shoulder blades locked close together to isolate chest only,, any truth?
    That is to keep your base tight and stable, which helps your bench.

Read this:

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...46&postcount=3

Thread Information