lzicc is offline Senior Member

Leg Press observation

I usually do squats for my legs, but recently bought an angled leg press machine to add to my leg workout cause I wanted to do more bulking type excercises for my legs.

Since I have started using the leg press, my legs seem to take like a week or so to recover just from the soreness, especially soreness right above my knee. I have been using this leg press for about 2 months now. I started out with low weight and was able to up the weight once I got used to this. Is this normal?

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I usually do squats for my legs, but recently bought an angled leg press machine to add to my leg workout cause I wanted to do more bulking type excercises for my legs.

Since I have started using the leg press, my legs seem to take like a week or so to recover just from the soreness, especially soreness right above my knee. I have been using this leg press for about 2 months now. I started out with low weight and was able to up the weight once I got used to this. Is this normal?

Yea i love presses I do them after my squats so I'm already burned but they kill my legs real bad especially the vastus medialis (the tear drop muscle above the knee) I do my legs on monday and they are now feeling better so yea it's all good. You can also switch up your foot positioning on the press from normal to a more outward position to hit the inner quads.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I was doing nothing but leg press all summer. I was doing 630 for 10 and felt like I wasn't getting anything more out of it. Now I switched back to squats and then some leg presses afterwards. I had trouble walking for a couple days after that. My thighs are growing again.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy
    I was doing nothing but leg press all summer. I was doing 630 for 10 and felt like I wasn't getting anything more out of it. Now I switched back to squats and then some leg presses afterwards. I had trouble walking for a couple days after that. My thighs are growing again.
    Yea IMO you have to have a squat movement for legs. I like to hit squats sometimes low reps 6 or a little higher 10-12. Then I hit the leg press or sometimes I do hack squats. The lowest I go on LP or HS is 8 and I usually hit 12-15 range but sometimes I go 20. As you can tell I like to switch my stuff up to keep my body guessing and shocked.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Well you know if the rooms not spinning and your not ready to puke you just aren't doing it right. That's why I hate squats I think. I've been doing hacks with the smith rack and have trouble getting down the stairs to the bathroom. I walk like a retard.

Well you know if the rooms not spinning and your not ready to puke you just aren't doing it right. That's why I hate squats I think. I've been doing hacks with the smith rack and have trouble getting down the stairs to the bathroom. I walk like a retard.
    Yea with pain comes gain. I love walking like the idiot of the gym everyone looks at me like ???? but if they tried to do the same routine I just did they would die

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    I know that feeling.

Thread Information