Squat releasing test references

Does anyone have links of studies or research showing that squats and deadlifts release the most hormones. Thanks bros.

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector_injector
    Does anyone have links of studies or research showing that squats and deadlifts release the most hormones. Thanks bros.

And bro…. Brace your self
    http://www.timinvermont.com/fitness/sciex.htm

Flexor is offline Banned
    I read this kind of thing over breakfast!!!!!

Nice info, VERY INFORMATIVE...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey R. Stout

Upon questioning the novice about his training goals, the most common answer is undoubtedly a burning devotion to become "toned." In his mind he fancies the look of solid pecs and a six-pack of abs - not quite as much muscle as Arnold Schwarzenegger, yet quite a bit more than Gandhi. However, in his quest he justifies ineffective training tactics, such as utilizing so-called "shaping and toning" exercises, citing his abhorrence for squats, deadlifts, and strenuous training because he longs to be lean and graceful, not beefy and awkward. Label him victimized, uninformed, and eventually frustrated.
    Its these kind of guys who I dislike with a vengeance
    Last edited by Flexor; 11-24-2005 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexor
    I read this kind of thing over breakfast!!!!!

Nice info, VERY INFORMATIVE...

Its these kind of guys who I dislike with a vengeance
    its a real good read, especially the how often to go to failure bit.....

thanks but anything like actual studies, I'm at war with members on another board who don't believe that squats release the most GH along with deadlifts.

Sorry, If you all think I'm too lazy to dig up my own stuff, I looked for like an hour and can't come up with anything good enough except for advice. All I need is an actual study. Thanks.

Exercise Induced GH Release

A second significant release of GH can occur in response to exercise. Any type of exercise will cause some increase in GH levels. But vigorous exercise will cause a greater release than exercise done at a low or moderate intensity.

Moreover, strength training will cause a greater release than aerobic exercise. For instance, riding an exercise bike at a high intensity will cause a 166% increase in GH, but weight training at a high intensity will cause a 400% increase.

Furthermore:
    All weight-training exercises are effective promoters of GH release, but those that involve the use of high-resistance and major muscle groups tend to be the most effective. Applying maximum effort to fewer repetitions of squats, leg presses, deadlifts, overhead presses, bench presses, standing curls, and leg curls will optimize your results.

I'm not sure how curls and leg curls got listed here, as they are isolation exercises (only work one muscle group). But the rest are quality compound movements (work more than one muscle group). And the powerlifts (squats, benches, and deadlifts) would be especially effective GH inducing exercises.

http://www.fitnessforoneandall.com/n...s/part_one.htm

An increase in serum testosterone levels is one result of heavy resistance training. Since testosterone is the primary hormone that interacts with skeletal muscle tissue, it has both direct and indirect effects on muscle tissue. Resistance training utilizing large muscle groups of the lower body (squats, deadlifts) can increase serum testosterone concentrations more than other types of exercises. Using a resistance of 85%-95% of one-rep maximum will also increase testosterone levels more than other resistance loads.

i hope thats helped some what...but bro...if the people your arguing with are ignorant and don’t understand fact, don’t bother talking to them..lol
    Last edited by S.P.G; 11-24-2005 at 02:56 PM.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    well from what i have heard, putting your body through a sh!tload of heavy lifting and especially shocking the body during a high intensity workout will cause your body to produce more growth hormones...anyone heard this?

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    thanks but anything like actual studies, I'm at war with members on another board who don't believe that squats release the most GH along with deadlifts.
    If you've never seen studies until now, how can you makes these claims on another board? Just another parrot I see.

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkeezy04
    well from what i have heard, putting your body through a sh!tload of heavy lifting and especially shocking the body during a high intensity workout will cause your body to produce more growth hormones...anyone heard this?
    wtf no shit, have you read any of my posts lol

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    If you've never seen studies until now, how can you makes these claims on another board? Just another parrot I see.
    I have seen studies before, I just can't find them again. I know I saw them for fact. I'm just pissed cuz these kids don't wanna listen to me. I'll go to the library if I have to and do a hardcore search to get those references. lol

Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    An increase in serum testosterone levels is one result of heavy resistance training. Since testosterone is the primary hormone that interacts with skeletal muscle tissue, it has both direct and indirect effects on muscle tissue. Resistance training utilizing large muscle groups of the lower body (squats, deadlifts) can increase serum testosterone concentrations more than other types of exercises. Using a resistance of 85%-95% of one-rep maximum will also increase testosterone levels more than other resistance loads.

i hope thats helped some what...but bro...if the people your arguing with are ignorant and don’t understand fact, don’t bother talking to them..lol
    Thanks, thing is though, I just signed up on the board, I have like 18 posts. And when I said...

Squats release the most testosterone next to squats, a moderator named Mudge posts a smiley like this under my post. So this mod doesn't wanna.... **** it, I'll make a link to the thread...

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/sh...ad.php?t=56733

Oh, and if it's not obvious enough, my username on that board is Inspc._Injector

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Bunch of kids on that board, HAHAHA quit hanging out with 15yr olds, they don't know shit.

Btw, I don't think they are wrong in asking for your sources. I do the same thing when I hear something new. Post them up for them.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 11-25-2005 at 09:38 AM.

Thanks, thing is though, I just signed up on the board, I have like 18 posts. And when I said...

Squats release the most testosterone next to squats, a moderator named Mudge posts a smiley like this under my post
    I cant understand why a mod, would question that, its old news that goes back years…..this I thought would have been obvious...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Seen them countless times in the magazines - and it has to do with working the largest muscle groups in your body at once... Glutes, Quads, Hams

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Squats release the most testosterone next to squats, a moderator named Mudge posts a smiley like this under my post. So this mod doesn't wanna.... **** it, I'll make a link to the thread...
    Just cause they have a "Mod" title means sh!t - look through the guy's posting habits and see what other misguidence he has to offer... that board sounds pretty weak - I wouldn't consider it any more than a health spa as a hardcore gym...

I can't find the studies right now - but perhaps later or tomorrow. For now, you could try e-mailing Charles Poliquin, Fred hatfield, Charles Staley, Tudor Bompa, or other strength coaches from their sites and see if you get a response... or check their online articles, if they don't know who they are (for a credible source) - then they are deffinitly a bunch of Internet kids...

Thanks for all being cool bros and understanding, honestly I'm not going back to that site cuz I do realize that they're all a bunch of f*cking kids.

IBDmfkr you are right, I always ask for sources too so I could see why they asked that, but MUDGE (the mod) is just a retard. Anyways, you bro's know wasup....

SQUAT LIKE A MOTHA F*CKA lol

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    Not a parrot,but a TOOL,and a dagerous one at that.155 pound punk thinks he knows it all.

http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=207815

Oh,I there are many more beauties like that post he made.Run a search on him.Look at his evey three day protocol for Prop...hmmmmmmmmmmm

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Hahahh, that mod/board is a joke.

Kids............

~SC~

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P.G
    wtf no shit, have you read any of my posts lol
    lol naw havent been reading your posts...where can i subscribe and how much?

Thread Information