Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning Fat

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik
    At last, someone who's read the article

Good points.

I'm one who appreciates knowledge and am always willing to learn and read more.

I know you keep talking about this article, do me a favor and PM it to me or even post a link in this thread. I'd love to take a look at it.

I've always done what works for me but am always willing to try new things. As you stated Sputnik, we've both been on both sides of the fence and there is always a flip side to the coin.

I'd appreciate it if you can show me where I can find this/these article(s). I'd love to read into it and even try it out if it sounds as if it would help me in reaching my goals. Heck, I may even apply it to people I wiork with.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Great thread..I've read all the previous posts I missed today up til now. I missed another day of cardio AGAIN today..Im falling behind and I wouldnt be surprised if I havent lost a pound by the end of this week with how shitty my diet has been. Next week, I plan to do cardio in the AM on empty and sprinting later on in the day for 15 mins..treating it like weights diet wise like giantz stated.

sputnik is offline Banned
    sorry guys thats what I should've done posted a link, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to.

For some reason I can't post in a direct url link to the specific articles, as there are 2. If anyone wats me to post them in here, let me know otherwise go to

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net

then go to Issue #21 - Sprinting: An examination (by Loki)

and

Issue #25 - Sprinting: An examination part II (by Loki)

sorry guys thats what I should've done posted a link, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to.

For some reason I can't post in a direct url link to the specific articles, as there are 2. If anyone wats me to post them in here, let me know otherwise go to

http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net

then go to Issue #21 - Sprinting: An examination (by Loki)

and

Issue #25 - Sprinting: An examination part II (by Loki)

I'm going to take a look at them both tomorrow, about to leave for work in a bit. Thanks for the post Sputnik

No probs, and I agree this has been a good thread, all of us have learnt a bit

No probs, and I agree this has been a good thread, all of us have learnt a bit

That's what the purpose is to all of this buddy. Learn learn learn!!!!!

The only problem that one can run into is listening to the wrong people. Some knowledgable people on here but a lot of idiots too

Well hey, you get that on every board, and sometimes from the most experenced ppl. And hey we can all be a bit pig headed at times about our methods too. However, I'm honest as is possible about everything....and don't let my affiliaiton fool ya into thinking I'm biased.

chest6 is offline Banned
    damn ab-solved is cheap...i most likely will give this a shot..what else should i get sputnik? Sorry ive prolly asked u this alot..Im lookin at ab-solved on islandsupps shouldnt i get lipo6 from avant isnt that what you said.

Oh and Im a little confused about the sprinting article. What I gathered is it said you should still perform this routine in a carb depleted state, then consume PWO shake and PPWO meal like a normal workout? Am I getting this right??

well hey if it's cheap then buy more than one LOL, What I usually do is buy some extra 7OXO powder and throw that in to make it more potent

No Lipo6 is not an Avant product. Not sure you should use anything else for now. I can't remember what ur using exactly. I mean if ur using a cutting diet of some sort, getting plenty of protein in ya, doing the weights and cardio, then the Ab-Solved should help in getting rid of those extra bits around the mid-section that don't seem to go away. Of course, using Designer Supplements' Lean Extreme would be a potent combination, as would adding Sesathin.

In terms of the sprints....carb depleted would be good I suppose if ur cutting. But yes the PWO stuff is correct. I will say I didn't follow this to the letter, but that's just me, I have my own style . What I when Im cutting is sprint, and immediately have after have a mix of BCAA's together with citrulline malate for recovery, then have good carb/protein dinner.

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    That's what the purpose is to all of this buddy. Learn learn learn!!!!!

The only problem that one can run into is listening to the wrong people. Some knowledgable people on here but a lot of idiots too

I really like the people over at Avant. They are most certainly a very very smart crew and Loki is brillaint and I enjoy reading all of his articles.

But just to put things in perspective. I played a football game with all my HS boys on yesterday, and I don't think I've ever been more sore in my life. And I wasn't even really sprinting.

chest6 is offline Banned
    sounds good. Yup..I played basketball the other day and I was so damn outta shape..not to mention rusty as hell. Oh well..at least I could still dunk Thats what losin weight will do to ya..

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    sounds good. Yup..I played basketball the other day and I was so damn outta shape..not to mention rusty as hell. Oh well..at least I could still dunk Thats what losin weight will do to ya..

What was it an 8 Foot hoop?

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    So ive decided to start of with just a little, say 2x a week for 40min @THR, now is it a big no no to run within an hour of eating a meal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    So ive decided to start of with just a little, say 2x a week for 40min @THR, now is it a big no no to run within an hour of eating a meal?

Are you doing your cardio after resistance training or will it be a just cardio day??? You already know what I think is best

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    Are you doing your cardio after resistance training or will it be a just cardio day??? You already know what I think is best
    Since time is a factor i figure ill factor it in on my off days, and ive decided do drop the clen and do it the old fashioned way. I can run a pretty high BP and have heard too many horror stories.

Remington is offline Alligator
    Bump---cause its so interesting.

WHOADY4SHOADY is offline Senior Member
    If I drive my car around the block a few times, will that burn much fat, I just dont want to take a chance in losing muscle.

powerhouse1983 is offline New Member
    My cardio routine (which so far is working) is 50 mins cardio on the treadmill. I do a 5 min walk at 4mph at 6 degree incline, then i do a 10 min run at 7mph at 0 degree incline, repeat those two until you hit 50 mins and so far, i've lost 6 lbs in 1.5 weeks with that routine. oh ya and i do that 5x a week after lifting (which i do 4x a week). I also work out in the am.

Yes! Diet! good clean diet is the key!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information