animal013 is offline Junior Member

Unusual symmetry problem- please help

My chest is not symmetrical- my right pec is larger than my left. But what is unusual, my left is stronger than my right in all chest exercises. I believe it may be a difference in bone structure that leads to the size difference.

Has anybody experienced the same thing? Any ideas on how best to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any advice guys.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    you got to train each side or body part at the same rate, so one doesn't over compensate for the other sooo instead of doing bench press do dumbell bench W/ THE SAME WEIGHT FOR EACH SIDE, slowly go up til lagging part catches up

yes i agree with skiboy...... your weaker pec is being compansated by your stronger one so to fix this just do dumbell press until the weaker side gets stronger. (dont forget to do incline decline and flat)

animal013 is offline Junior Member
    On chest days, I do incline dumbells first, then flat bench, then decline on the hammer strength machines, then cable crossovers, and I always watch out for consistent, balanced motion on both sides. So flat bench is the only excersise where the two pecs don't work independently.

But this isn't the normal symmetry problem- my right side is larger but weaker!!! So efforts to catch the weaker side up with the stronger side of course fail to even out the relative SIZE difference. That's what I'm trying to figure out how to do.

Thanks for the replies, and any more help is welcome.

Thread Information