Turkish Delite is offline New Member

training chest and arms together...

till now ive been training chest and tri's on the same day but have a few friends that train chest and arms on the same day instead. Just wanting to know which combination is better and why?

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Delite
    till now ive been training chest and tri's on the same day but have a few friends that train chest and arms on the same day instead. Just wanting to know which combination is better and why?

no combo is "better" one is probably better for YOU then the other...i dont really hit arms at all..i do 3 sets of alt dumbell curls after back, and i do 3 sets of overhead ext, and 3 sets of pushdowns after chest..that has been working best for me..it takes time to figure out what makes your body grow...SQUAT

chest6 is offline Banned
    Sometimes I do sometimes I dont. Just preference I guess. I like the pump I get doing chest/tris.

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    For A Switch-Up Every Two Months I'll Do A Couple Weeks Of Back/Tri & Chest/Bi...Just To Switch It Up...

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    no combo is "better" one is probably better for YOU then the other...i dont really hit arms at all..i do 3 sets of alt dumbell curls after back, and i do 3 sets of overhead ext, and 3 sets of pushdowns after chest..that has been working best for me..it takes time to figure out what makes your body grow...SQUAT
    Great advice... i echo this

copenhagen is offline Member
    definately a good pump when doing chest and tris

Kreatine_Kid is offline Junior Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Word to that. Ive been doing that then 2 days later to Bi's and tri's again. Ive noticed an increase in size as well as a gradual increase in Bench as well!

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    i swap and change my workouts all the time, i try and do all the combos but i change when i stop growing, see what works best for you and hit it hard intense

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    When doing the chest and triceps, the pump from dips as your first tricep exercise after chest Is just ridicules, its probably the best time of the week for me I wish it would last forever...

Flexor is offline Banned
    I have never gone for anything other than chest and tris. Then you can concentrate on heavier exercises instead of f***ing around with isolating the triceps which is a load of BS. They only add stimulation, they don't really provide the main stimulus for massive growth.

JNel04 is offline Associate Member
    i did a chest/tri workout the other day for the 1st time and am gonna have to say that it went quite well. i did all my chest exercises and then finished off w/ three sets each of seated overhead presses, close grip bench, and weight dips. my tri's were CASHED!!!

Thread Information