Big Vick is offline Associate Member

Traps, Abs, Calves Q...

Im just wondering if there is any scientific evidence to support that calves, abs and traps actually respond better to higher reps. I mean I see everyone training these bodyparts in the 12-20 rep range, but I just dont understand why certain muscles will get bigger when using higher reps...

I just assumed all muscle is the same, I fall into the category of training these bodyparts with higher reps... 10-12, but Im not sure that is the best option.

Anyone know of any evidence out there that shows these muscles respond better to different training???

Big Vick is offline Associate Member
    Bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Vick
    Im just wondering if there is any scientific evidence to support that calves, abs and traps actually respond better to higher reps. I mean I see everyone training these bodyparts in the 12-20 rep range, but I just dont understand why certain muscles will get bigger when using higher reps...

I just assumed all muscle is the same, I fall into the category of training these bodyparts with higher reps... 10-12, but Im not sure that is the best option.

Anyone know of any evidence out there that shows these muscles respond better to different training???
    I can't say I have scientific knowledge just experience I've tried low rep high weight for calves but not much happened. You use your calves everyday so they need to be put through long extensive training. Some say the the Soleus is pound for pound the strongest muscle in the body. JMO Traps and abs I train just like everyone else 12 reps or for traps abs I do various exercises but thats just what works for me, noone can really tell you unless you try for yourself and see results like I said I tried low rep claves nothing so I dropped the idea
    Last edited by 24labor; 12-02-2005 at 06:17 PM.

Thread Information