xxxJUICExxx is offline Junior Member

Input would be Aprreciated....

im trying currently 2 drop some weight...im currently 270 with about under 25% body fat. I am pretty heavy but i carry my weight well (alota the weight is muscle).

my workout pretty much consists of ...2 body parts a day with 4sets per exercise and reps usually go 12,10,10,8. Now i usually do 2 exercises of one body part , switch up 2the other body part and do 4 in a row, then finish it up with another 2 of the 1st one.

monday: bis and back
    tuesday: shoulders /tris
    wednesday: chest
    thursday :bis and back (twice usually cuz it my fav workout but i alternate all the time)
    friday: just cardio

all my workouts i intro with a 20 minute 300 calorie burn oin the elyptical trainer, and usually after the workout i end with another 10 minutes. Ive been lifting like this for years, but i wanna know 2 drop weight is this really the best routine or can i improvise. All my sets i do weights that i can comfortably rep up to 20 times, so im also not going 2 heavy cuz i dont wanna bulk, i wanna shred. thx 4 the input in advance i appreciate it guys...

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxJUICExxx
    im trying currently 2 drop some weight...im currently 270 with about under 25% body fat. I am pretty heavy but i carry my weight well (alota the weight is muscle).

my workout pretty much consists of ...2 body parts a day with 4sets per exercise and reps usually go 12,10,10,8. Now i usually do 2 exercises of one body part , switch up 2the other body part and do 4 in a row, then finish it up with another 2 of the 1st one.

monday: bis and back
    tuesday: shoulders /tris
    wednesday: chest
    thursday :bis and back (twice usually cuz it my fav workout but i alternate all the time)
    friday: just cardio

all my workouts i intro with a 20 minute 300 calorie burn oin the elyptical trainer, and usually after the workout i end with another 10 minutes. Ive been lifting like this for years, but i wanna know 2 drop weight is this really the best routine or can i improvise. All my sets i do weights that i can comfortably rep up to 20 times, so im also not going 2 heavy cuz i dont wanna bulk, i wanna shred. thx 4 the input in advance i appreciate it guys...
    there is alot i would change here, first let's look at your split...i wouldnt work out 4 days in a row..try something like this
    day 1: back/bi's
    day 2: chest/tri
    day 3: legs
    day 4: off
    day 5 :shoulders
    day 6 :repeat or off if more rest is needed

second, cut out the cardio in the beggining, if you want to warm up your muscles you can do that but don't exceed a 5 minute warm up jog...sepperate your cardio from your lifting, you'll bring up your cortisol (eats muscle) levels and it will have a negative effect. do your cardio either in the moring or at night opposite of your weight training and or on off days..keep your workouts under an hour, same with cardio..make sure you check out the diet forum..third don't worry about "bulking" lift weights to what you CAN do for 8-12 if you want to burn more calories shorten the rest periods in between sets, but lift heavy weight..there is alot more i am missing but this should give you a good start..but check out the diet forum this is key to acheieving the body you want...

Thread Information