Thread: Over training?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Over training?

Just wondering if u think im overtraining my Bi's n tris???

Push workout A

1 warmup set, very light on a chest machine
    FLAT BENCH(all sets to failure)x12-15 x6-8 x2-4
    INCLINE FLIES 3x 8-10
    SHOULDER DUMBELL PRESS reps same as bench
    Tricep pushdown same
    2 dumbell skulls 3x 8-10

Push workout B is exactly the same except you do INCLINE BENCH n chest press

PULL WORKOUT
    Lat pull down(all the reps n sets are the same) x10-12 x6-8 x2-4
    bent over Back Row
    Long bar standing bicep curls
    standing dumbel curls 3 x 8-10
    Squat
    ham leg curls
    Puyll workout B is exactly the sme bu ti switch long bar curl n standing bicep
    mon push a wed pull fri push b mon pull wed push a and so on
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 12-05-2005 at 09:32 PM.

all sets to failure is very hard on your CNS, I recomend you dont go to failure every week.....maybe every other week at most.

ne other thoughts?? i feel like if i dotn go to failure n lower the weight the next week ill get weaker, is this the case?

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    How do you feel? are you gaining on your lifts..IMO i wouldnt go to failure EVERY week either but if you are constantly making gains i'd say you are not overtraining, i think overtraining is overrated personally...i believe that if you have a good diet and get plenty of rest it's very hard to overtrain

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel
    ne other thoughts?? i feel like if i dotn go to failure n lower the weight the next week ill get weaker, is this the case?
    Why would you lower you weight? that’s the complete opposite of what’s most important during your training {progression} you will find it hard to do while your hitting failure every workout, you just don’t need to do it as long as you progress. Take a smarter approach to your training, come up with a game plan, what goals have you set for your self as far as weights go, do you no what you lifted 6 weeks ago?

No failure does no = bad workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone_Biggums
    all sets to failure is very hard on your CNS, I recomend you dont go to failure every week.....maybe every other week at most.
    agreed...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    How do you feel? are you gaining on your lifts..IMO i wouldnt go to failure EVERY week either but if you are constantly making gains i'd say you are not overtraining, i think overtraining is overrated personally...i believe that if you have a good diet and get plenty of rest it's very hard to overtrain
    agreed...

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    I no it’s a H.I.T program that your doing there, but I think you can still incorporate a good progression schedule with it….Good luck bro...

heres what i do(i keep logs yes) lets say starting from scratch. I go into the gym n put up 100 pounds on my bench on my first set(12-15) n i do 12 to absolute failure, cant do ne more. Next week for this exercise n set ill do the same weight, but try n get more reps(because i know i could barley do 12 n dont wanna only ge tout 8 or 9) so ill just do as many as i can, ill do this untill i can ban gout 15 easy, then go back to adding weight and aboslute failure. Is this what u men bye not going to absoute failure every week?

I knoe this is not a ture H.I.T traing, as the hit would ot have the dumbel flies n extra tri exercise on push day, n not have 2 bicep exercises, but its based on a H I T i just felt that only 3 sets of bench, 3 sets of shoulders, n 3 sets of tris wasnt enuff for me, IDK maybe im ruinig it bye overtraining, but hey thats y i made this thread

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    we can't say if you are over-training as only you know your individual recuperative abilities.

Question tho:

Why are squats on your pull day?

I saw iron mans HIT workout, saw squats were on pull day, i like it cause it gives my lower back a rest as i work it all in one day, then get a few days rest

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    'k...

as for my 2 back to back posts about failure n reps, is this the best way to do it, or go strictly heavy for say 4 weeks, then go high rep for 4 weeks, instead of mixing it up constantly within the workout

Thread Information