BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member

Lower back before legs

I will be training my back on wedensday using deadlifts e.t.c yet i am worried that my lower back will be weak for my leg workout on the friday night..should i be concerned about this

Flexor is offline Banned
    No, countless people work legs and back very close together. With a two day break you will have recovered enough core stability to be able to do an effective leg workout. If you are doing straight leg deadlifts on friday, perhaps do these on wednesday with your ordinary deadlifts so that your hamstrings are already done and only quads and calves are left for friday. Like that, you will be using your back even less.

BIGPHIL is offline Associate Member
    FLexor from your previous post about my workout i have decided to follow your guidlines and try your workout strategy..here it is give me your view..cheers

MONDAY:-CHEST/TRICPES/DELTS
    Barbell flat bench
    DB flat flys

Dips
    Lying EZ bar ticep extensions
    Behind the head single DB extensions

Behind the neck Presses
    DB lateral raises

WEDENSDAY:-BACK/TRAPS/R-DELTS/BICEPS
    Deadlifts
    Lat pulldowns
    DB row

DB shrugs-3-last set superset behind the neck shrugs on smyth machine (burnout)
    DB rear flys

Barbell curls
    EZ bar preacher curls
    Alternate DB curls

FRIDAY:-LEGS
    leg extension and lying leg curls (warm ups)
    Leg presses
    DB stiff deads
    Squats or hack squats with drop sets
    Lying leg curl superset with seated leg curl
    Leg extensions with drop sets

Seated calf machine
    Donkey raises

Is this much better than last time..i feel that the workouts on monday is to much and may lead to overtraining what do you think?
    also i feel my biceps workout may be too much. should i drop the barbell curls or alternate db curls

Flexor is offline Banned
    I think for monday you could put dips after flat bench then do db flies. Any type of dip will work your triceps well, so after the flies then do your tricep workout. I use dips as both a chest and a tri workout because it feel it intensly in both even if my elbows are flared out as if I were just working chest. The routine you have put together for monday is not overtraining, it is 9 sets for chest which is good because in fact it is a small muscle, and you have 9 sets for triceps if you include the dips and plenty for the front delts and you've covered the medial deltoids. If anything you could add some upright rows for the medial, but not essential.

For biceps, you could drop the alternate db down to just 2 sets or not at all, and it would be enough along with the good back workout. Keep the barbell curls they are good when done with strict form.

Thread Information